Head of Business Data and IntelligenceSan FranciscoApply now
Asana is looking for an experienced leader to join us as our Head of Business Data and Intelligence. As the leader of the CIO organization, you’ll be responsible for leading a team of data and integration engineers, architects, and designers to define and expand the usage of data and insights across the business organization. In this role, you will partner closely with other business and product leaders to define and expand Asana’s business strategy and then deliver against it. In setting a vision for the organization, you will develop a culture of excellence, grow leaders, and inspire innovation.
What you’ll achieve
- Evangelize, articulate, and enhance enterprise-wide data and analytics competency to help accelerate the use of data and insights to drive differentiated business value
- Drive continuous improvement of data governance and management across the organization
- Foster a data-driven culture of innovation throughout the company in partnership with the data organization in our R&D group.
- Establish a culture of collaboration and excellence across business data, insights, and integration teams, ensuring both quality and velocity
- Coach and mentor leaders and cross-functionally to grow and take on bigger responsibilities as the company scales
- Ensure that the company’s data foundation is scalable, performant, and secure, and can scale with the company’s needs
- Help create a thriving data community at Asana of analyst teams, data scientists, and business intelligence and integration resources
- Serve as a role model for the company in representing Asana’s values and engineering values
- Always Be Recruiting - attract the best leaders, data engineers, and architects in the world, grow our diverse team, and help it thrive by allowing everyone to bring their unique strengths to bear on the problems we solve
- Successful track record of leading an impactful data and technology organization
- Ability to develop senior technical leaders, who are responsible for guiding large teams of data engineers, architects, managers, and other leaders
- Role model of cross-functional collaboration between business and technology teams to drive effective outcomes and business needs
- Proven ability to build deep and trusted relationships across departments and teams to build a community
- Experience nurturing a work environment that allows everyone to bring their whole selves to work, and values diversity and inclusion, because that is where we know teams perform at their best
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $268,600 - $363,400. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.