Enterprise Solutions Engineer - CentralRemoteApply now
As a Solutions Engineer you will play a critical role in helping our prospects understand the value of Asana. Through your deep product knowledge, expertise in how companies use and deploy SaaS applications, and technical objection handling in customer interactions, you’ll support our Sales team and ensure they constantly move towards a close. You will be supporting and aiding the largest prospective Enterprise customers of Asana.
The solutions engineering team at Asana explores the art of the possible with prospects and demonstrates the path to get there with Asana. Along the way, the SE will gain an understanding of adjacent technologies in use and begin to architect how Asana fits within that ecosystem. We will also work with Cyber Security experts to align our Security practices with those of our customers. Sometimes, there is no obvious answer to the pains that customers face and it takes someone with an entrepreneurial, creative, and whole systems mindset to solve these ambiguous problems. It also takes someone who is always seeking to leave things better than they found them and is self-reflective about their approach and how to communicate it.
We’re looking for someone who will make it their mission to streamline every part of Asana’s sales process and be the primary customer-facing voice of our Product and Engineering teams in their region. As a key voice of the customer back to the Product team, you will identify and help overcome technical, educational, and competitive obstacles to our continued enterprise sales growth.
This role is remote by design - we believe that collaboration and trust are accelerated through shared experiences, face-to-face communication, and ad-hoc discovery, both with our own team and with our customers. Field roles are customer-facing positions that prioritize in-person collaboration with customers, which enables us to deliver value faster. For this remote field role, candidates are preferred to live within Central Standard Time.
What You’ll Achieve
- Be a key player in helping Asana achieve it’s revenue goals
- Your work will directly impact the vision of the product
- Provide technical expertise to help the customer achieve great things
- Help to strategize the largest revenue opportunities at Asana
- Position Asana solution within the market space as a market leader
- Position yourself as a trusted advisor for colleagues and customers
- Work with internal product stakeholders to deliver customer feedback and deliver solutions back to the customer
- Work cross-functionally with the entire business (Sales, Product, Security, User Operations, Customer Success, Engineering)
- A storyteller who is comfortable presenting a company and product to anyone in any setting.
- A deep technical curiosity and understanding of how IT systems work in a business context
- Experience with creating custom demos from scratch which mirror a customers needs
- Comfort in speaking towards SSO/SAML/AD and other identity authentication protocols
- Experience in running customer POCs (Proof of Concepts)
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and experience showcasing the power of APIs in customer conversations
- An instinctual recognition of organizational and financial dynamics in companies of all sizes.
- Someone who can work with marketing, business, and product teams to find efficient paths to successful “lead → customer” transitions and long-term, successful partnerships.
- The right balance of advocacy for the user and for Asana in all situations.
- 6+ years in a Sales Engineering role (or similar) in a SaaS environment.
- Experience responding to technical questions and security requirements from customers.
- Self starter and independent thinker: this role is dynamic and requires a lot of taking ownership on your own to get things done.
- Proficiency presenting from Decks, Product Demonstrations, and White Boards.
- Demonstrated success dealing with ambiguity in a high growth environment
- Familiarity with BI tools and deep knowledge of a SAAS ecosystem
- Able to identify solutions to technical customer obstacles creatively and quickly
- Exceptional cross-functional leader and collaborative partner
- Ability to travel periodically to visit customers as needed
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.