Internal Audit ManagerSan FranciscoApply now
We’re looking for an Internal Audit Manager to join our team as a newly public company. You will partner closely with Finance, Business Technology, IT, Legal, People, and other cross-functional teams to influence & drive results for a wide array of business initiatives. You will take a lead role in planning, organizing, and executing SOX audits throughout the Company with guidance from the Head of Internal Audit & SOX.
You'll be responsible for assisting with managing all aspects of our SOX Compliance audit program, as well as participating in operational reviews and efforts to drive automation and digital transnation efficiencies. This person ideally possesses tech experience, with a focus on end-to-end SOX compliance and risk based analytics. The candidate must have knowledge of process flow mapping, design and documentation of controls, controls testing, evaluation of control deficiencies and remediation plans. Additionally, the candidate must have the ability to effectively manage relationships with partners (external auditors, outsourcing partners, control owners), demonstrate proficient project management skills, superior communication (written and oral) and organizational skills.
This role will be responsible for helping, as needed, with other finance and accounting initiatives that go beyond performing internal audits.
You will be joining a world-class finance team that tracks and seeks to understand the factors driving our growth and success. We help our entire organization achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. We ensure our objectives are feasible and work closely with all teams to ensure they have the resources they need to achieve our ambitious mission-enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
What you’ll achieve :
- Take ownership of assigned process areas, which includes obtaining a comprehensive understanding of process activities and controls, as well as related company policies and external accounting and reporting guidelines
- Update and review documentation including process flowcharts, process narratives, risk and controls matrix and evaluate controls as new systems are developed and/or process changes
- Ensure clear, concise, actionable and practical observations and recommendations, with a well-documented process for communication and clearance
- Collaborate with external and internal partners to facilitate the annual SOX testing plan and provide support to them to ensure timely and smooth completion
- Manage SOX testing and ensure testing results are appropriately documented and communicated, including detail review of outsourcing partners execution of SOX procedures
- Ensure relevant teams have proper change management processes created for any updates or changes to controls
- Manage and design risk-based operational audits, including manage timeline and resources
- Collaborate and design risk-based financial and operational audits, with a goal of maximizing company performance and control, and minimizing risk
- Manage special audit projects in an ad-hoc manner
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; professional certification such as CPA, CIA, or CFE is a plus
- Demonstrated experience, skills and knowledge with IIA Professional Practices and Standards
- A minimum 5+ years of experience in a senior internal audit role; experience with similar internal audit roles in large organizations or with Big 4 audit firms highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, COSO, PCAOB Auditing Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards and business process best practices
- Firm grasp of technical accounting and SOX methodologies (controls design, risk assessment, testing strategies, etc.)
- Enterprise corporate systems (e.g., NetSuite, Salesforce, Zuora, Workday, Coupa) experience a plus
- Brings a collaborative, charismatic and humble personality style that has created commitment and enthusiasm throughout an organization.
- You are a problem solver and a forward thinker.
- You have excellent time management and you know how to manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- A maintained knowledge base of audit industry practices and to ensure best practices are always considered
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.