Head of Strategy & Operations (CIO organization)San FranciscoApply now
We are looking for a senior operations leader to drive the vision, strategy, and delivery of our CIO organization. As the Head of Strategy & Operations, you will oversee core operations supporting our Enterprise Technology (ET) & IT organizations and drive multiple high-impact initiatives. You will partner with leaders to identify gaps, improve processes, align teams, and communicate results across the company. You will serve as a player-coach leader to increase velocity and evangelize strategic opportunities to improve execution and processes. You will ensure business continuity in a rapidly evolving, highly technical, and frequently demanding environment- anticipating production needs, resource planning, and prioritizing/coordinating team development and training. You will act as a trusted advisor to Asana’s CIO and senior members of his leadership team. Working across the company, you will have a voice at the table where key ET & IT decisions are made, and be accountable for driving actions from this group.
What you’ll achieve
- You will work closely with the CIO and his leadership team to scale and optimize our ET& IToperations to accelerate progress toward our mission.
- Alongside the CIO, you will be a voice externally in CIO leadership circles. You will develop and/or build on existing thought leadership content from the ET, IT, Sales, and Marketing teams to socialize with external community members as part of agreed upon Customer Lifecycle touchpoints.
- In conjunction with ET and IT leadership, you will be responsible for refining and driving many important aspects of our organization including: visioning, OKR creation and measurement, roadmapping, annual planning, and continual improvement of our organization’s solution development processes.
- Your role will accelerate our solution delivery for our customers (internal and external). Your player-coach leadership touch will leave teammates inspired by your ability to solve big problems and roll up your sleeves to dive into the details.
- You will partner with other ET & IT leads to define and deliver high-priority projects, ensuring deliverables/services are fact-driven and solution-oriented.
- You will identify crucial decisions blocked by lack of clarity, create appropriate process improvement, and bring stakeholders together to drive alignment and execution.
- You will manage our MSP as a strategic technology partner (onshore and offshore).
- You will collaborate with internal teams (Revenue, Marketing, Finance, People, etc), to understand the organization and its goals, and ensure a coordinated strategy to meet support and development operations goals.
- You will attract, hire, and grow exceptional talent for your team with overall managerial responsibility and day to day operations of the team.
- You will define and manage operational reporting and value metrics to maximize returns across initiatives.
- You will drive financial and headcount forecast and management processes for the CIO org, in partnership with FP&A and HR business partners, and drive long-term workforce planning (incl. Geo location strategy).
- You will drive content development of CIO leadership meetings, offsites, forums, and communications (including thought leadership) for the CIO and the business.
- Partnering with CIO Leadership, you will manage onboarding and skills development curriculum.
- You will recruit and work with volunteers across the CIO org to drive employee engagement and internal events (e.g. social calendar, teaming activities, lunch & learns, all hands).
- Relevant experience with a successful track record as an operational leader in a CIO org, and/or directly-related management consulting, professional services, and/or technology industry experiences in designing, leading, and driving meaningful business impact as an operational leader.
- You have empathy for what it takes for the CIO org to support both our enterprise and external customers, and are doggedly proactive about reducing barriers for the organization as a visionary and inspirational leader.
- While delegating to the appropriate technical experts, you should also be able to roll up your sleeves and effectively lead Incident, Problem, Root-Cause Analysis, Change and Configuration management, and communicate with stakeholders in a timely and concise manner.
- Experience in working with and managing MSPs as strategic technology partners (onshore and offshore) on operational projects.
- Experience with ITIL process, methodologies and ITSM tools.
- You are data driven, can set the right performance indicators for systems support, quality, development operations, and are a metrics champion who is able to measure and report team performance.
- Proven ability to serve as a liaison between business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions that fulfill both strategic and operational needs.
- You are able to build deep and trusted relationships across departments and teams to build a community.
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.