Experience Research Lead, Platform AreaSan FranciscoApply now
The Experience Research team at Asana is focused on understanding the dynamics of modern work, the role technology plays, and how Asana can empower teams to thrive in a collaborative environment. Our work informs teams at every level of the company and drives key roadmap decisions.
We’re looking for a creative, curious, collaborative human who is excited to help us in our mission to improve the world of work. Our ideal candidate has experience crafting and delivering a wide range of both qualitative and quantitative research, and can balance rigor with experimentation. This role is a lead role on the Workflow Pillar, empowering our customers to connect the dots between their tools and processes.
What you’ll achieve
- Build and communicate a well-rounded understanding of our customer’s workflows and their tools
- Identify and prioritize the right open questions and proactively plan your research roadmap in partnership with product teams
- Through your research and leadership skills, ensure that we ship meaningful customer experiences that achieve business goals
- Balance tactical and strategic research to deliver high-impact results
- Design, execute, and analyze surveys to derive insights into user behaviors and needs
- Develop cohesive measurement strategies and methodologies to drive product decision-making
- Give guidance to teams outside of project work to help them make sound, customer-backed decisions
- Partner with Research Ops to help scale our work, recommending and enacting improvements to our team’s process, tools, and communications to create best in class research and insights for our product teams
- 4+ years of experience practicing UX Research for digital products
- Experience with a wide variety of research methods applied across the product development cycle
- Apply frameworks and model-thinking
- Able to distill research findings into clear, actionable insights
- Quickly build trust and rapport with stakeholders at every level
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at various stages in the research cycle
- Skilled presenter and persuasive communicator
- Proficient in questionnaire design and survey sampling
- Adept in basic quantitative methods (e.g., significance testing, descriptive analysis, OLS regression) with experience applying these methods to survey data
- Proficient in manipulating and analyzing data with one or more common statistical tools or languages (R, SAS, SPSS, Stata, etc.)
- We’re especially interested in applicants who have experience with the developer audience, workflow and integrations
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.