Experience Researcher, Pay Area LeadVancouver, BCApply now
The Experience Research team at Asana is focused on understanding the dynamics of modern work, the role technology plays, and how Asana can empower teams to thrive in a collaborative environment. Our work informs teams at every level of the company and drives key roadmap decisions.
We’re looking for a creative, curious, collaborative human who is excited to help us in our mission to improve the world of work. Our ideal candidate has experience crafting and delivering a wide range of research and can balance rigor with experimentation. This role is for the Pay Area Lead, where we focus on successful monetization of all Asana products.
What you’ll achieve
- Partner with area lead counterparts to guide teams through roadmapping, strategic thinking, and stakeholder alignment; bringing a customer empathy lens to those conversations, as the UXR lead.
- Ensure that area vision and strategy is aligned with customer needs and benefits.
- Build a well-rounded understanding of our customers and instill empathy across the organization
- Through your research and leadership skills, ensure that we ship meaningful customer experiences that achieve business goals
- Balance tactical and strategic research to deliver high-impact results
- Identify and prioritize the strategic research needs and proactively plan your research roadmap
- Partner with product teams to address their immediate research needs and then design, plan, and execute on the highest priority projects
- Coach teammates and stakeholders on executing their own high-quality research
- Give guidance to cross-functional teams to help them make sound, customer-backed decisions
- Recommend and enact improvements to the team’s process, tools, and communications
- Partner with Research Ops to help scale our work, supporting our ambition to have best in class research and insights for our product teams
- 4+ years of experience practicing UX Research for digital products
- Experience with a wide variety of research methods applied across the product development cycle.
- Apply frameworks and model-thinking
- Able to distill research findings into clear, actionable insights for you and your team
- Quickly build trust and rapport with stakeholders at every level
- Foundational knowledge of information architecture, design principles and content strategy for both web and mobile
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at various stages in the research cycle
- Skilled presenter and persuasive communicator
- Bonus: Experience working on growth and monetization initiatives
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.