Software Engineer, API InfraSan FranciscoApply now
We’re looking for an experienced back-end engineer to solve challenging scaling problems with Asana’s developer-facing API and ensure high uptime and performance as we support higher throughput from ever larger customers. The API Infrastructure team owns and supports the production services that power Asana’s mobile apps and integrations with other tools built by Asana engineers and external developers. As a senior member of the team, you will help us anticipate scaling challenges and lead development of large projects to solve those problems. We work closely with other teams in the core infrastructure area to build and retain customer trust in Asana as a platform for their critical workflows.
What you’ll achieve
- Design and implement reliable, performant, and scalable distributed systems backing Asana’s API
- Lead large projects with other backend engineers through all stages of development, from design and implementation to deployment and iteration
- Mentor other engineers on a team of 4-6 on topics such as system design principles
- Collaborate closely with other infrastructure teams at Asana to define how user data in the Work Graph is accessed
- Support framework and product engineers to build new platform functionality at scale
- Ensure high customer trust by participating in an on-call rotation for our team’s services
- 4+ years of engineering experience building and operating reliable backend services
- You have a passion for mentoring other engineers to help them create and maintain production-quality infrastructure
- You are skilled at communicating technical concepts and constraints to cross-functional partners in product and sale
- You are familiar with service and container orchestration technologies like Terraform and Kubernetes
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.