Corporate ParalegalSan FranciscoApply now
About the job
Our legal team works cross-functionally to help achieve Asana’s mission of enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly. The Legal team is a collaborative group responsible for partnering with all teams throughout the organization to provide legal guidance enabling Asanas to achieve their goals in service to our mission. We run ideas past each other, problem-solve together, and partner with other groups to navigate through challenging issues.
Specifically, we’re looking for an experienced Corporate Paralegal to support our Corporate Legal team. Based out of San Francisco, this role will report to an experienced attorney within Corporate Legal and requires someone with experience supporting public company governance and reporting and strong project management skills. This is a great opportunity to join a mission-driven company and offers exposure to a wide variety of issues and a chance to help build and refine processes as we grow as an organization.
What You’ll Achieve
- Be a vital part of the Corporate Legal team in its management of Asana’s worldwide subsidiaries and parent company governance
- Lead in completing our parent company state filings and maintenance for our global subsidiaries, including managing and updating entity management platform, managing document drafting and review workflows working closely with outside counsel, and managing the execution of documents needed to maintain Asana’s subsidiaries
- Assist the Corporate Legal team by project managing multiple workstreams as we create and scale processes and procedures needed as a fast-growing public company
- Assist with global expansion and entity formation and liaising with Asana’s local counsel in multiple jurisdictions on an ongoing basis
- Support securities law compliance and SEC reporting for Asana’s public company filings, including organizing and maintaining records, supporting attorneys on filings, and assisting with insider trading program compliance
- Assist with strategic corporate transactions, including due diligence, document preparation, closing mechanics, and post-closing integration, as applicable
- Drive the maintenance of Asana’s corporate and related records
- Partner with the Board Administrator on parent company board support, as needed
- Pitch in on other special projects as needed - flexibility and a willingness to contribute in both small and big ways is important
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certification
- Three to five years of corporate paralegal experience, in-house experience at a public company preferred
- Team player with an enthusiasm to help others do great things, fast
- Experience with complex project management, ideally including using project management software
- Adept at technical tools, including G-Suite and document sharing and e-signing tools. Experience with Workiva/W-Desk or Asana is a plus
- Fearlessness and curiosity when learning about new tools or creating new processes
- Meticulous attention to detail and passionate about bringing order to workstreams
- Great communicator that is comfortable liaising with multiple teams to solve problems and promptly answer questions
- Track record of taking initiative, working well across an organization, having the ability to work autonomously, and handling multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Collaborative, responsive, and flexible in a fast-paced environment
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work , and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces . After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture . With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.