Experience Researcher, WorkflowsSan FranciscoApply now
The Experience Research team at Asana is focused on understanding the dynamics of modern work, the role technology plays, and how Asana can empower teams to thrive in a collaborative environment. Our work informs teams at every level of the company and drives key roadmap decisions.
We’re looking for a creative, curious, collaborative human who is excited to help us in our mission to improve the world of work. Our ideal candidate has experience crafting and delivering a wide range of research and can balance rigor with experimentation.
What you’ll achieve
- Build a well-rounded understanding of our customer’s workflows and communicate that empathy throughout the company
- Identify and prioritize the right open questions and proactively plan your research roadmap in partnership with product teams
- Through your research and leadership skills, ensure that we ship meaningful customer experiences that achieve business goals
- Identify research needs in partnership with product teams then design, plan, and execute on the highest leveraged work
- Balance tactical and strategic research to deliver high-impact results
- Help define the usability bar and advise on meeting that bar
- Give guidance to teams outside of project work to help them make sound, customer-backed decisions
- Recommend and enact improvements to the team’s process, tools and communications
- Partner with Research Ops to help scale our work, supporting our ambition to have best in class research and insights for our product teams
- 4+ years of experience practicing UX Research for digital products
- Experience with a wide variety of research methods applied across the product development cycle
- Apply frameworks and model-thinking
- Able to distill research findings into clear, actionable insights
- Quickly build trust and rapport with stakeholders at every level
- Foundational knowledge of information architecture, design principles, and content strategy for both web and mobile
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at various stages in the research cycle
- Skilled presenter and persuasive communicator
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.