Head of Revenue TechnologySan FranciscoApply now
As the Head of Revenue Technology, you will be a foundational part of the Enterprise Technology team with a focus on supporting Asana's Business Systems. The Enterprise Technology Team is a partner to our Revenue, Marketing, Support, Finance, People Ops & Product teams. We enable systems, solutions, and insights that help grow our business at Asana and make our employees more productive.
This role will own all aspects of revenue technology for Asana and also lead teams of Business Systems Analysts, Product Managers, Architects, Solution Consultants, and Program Managers in owning our systems architecture, solution design and implementation, and driving the technology selection process.
You will be the primary interface with our business to ensure that all business needs are prioritized and met. You will also be providing career advancement opportunities, and providing direction and thought leadership on strategic projects.
What you'll achieve
- Launch future-ready solutions to enable new business models and drive high quality and predictability in delivery
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with cross-functional leaders across all key areas of responsibility
- Have a passion for Data and act as an integral part of being Customer 0, setting the vision for teams to find applications of the Asana platform and technology in CRM internally and be an evangelist/champion for powered by Asana solutions externally
- Own Asana’s CRM application portfolio infrastructure - the architecture, layout, and usage of those tools
- Drive continuous improvement of existing processes to drive greater productivity and improve ongoing operational excellence
- Understand and manage constituents’ expectations and expressions of priority through continuous communication with those stakeholders
- Act as the CRM business systems stakeholder in critical projects, ensuring project success by understanding the needs of the business and leadership, identifying appropriate solutions, and determining how technology should be leveraged to make the solution happen
- Lead strategic technological planning as it relates to applications and cloud-based distributed systems to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, development, deployment, and management of current and future application technologies with all stakeholders.
- Drive architectural change to support application migration to cloud technologies, where applicable, and introduces automation and orchestration of manual processes to improve efficiency
- Partner with leadership on budgeting and financial priorities, ensure securing the best value out of the software we’re buying - including negotiations with vendors to pay the appropriate amount for the value we’re getting
- Work with the Security Team to make sure the systems that are being implemented comply, are secure, and ensure Asana has a secure infrastructure
- Champion a growth mindset as Asana scales globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing, scalable global team
- Bachelors in Information Systems, Computer Science, or other relevant degrees
- MBA a plus
- 12+ years managing and delivering CRM applications, 5+ years of direct management experience within a high-tech industry
- Deep understanding of IT systems and infrastructure including the universe of SaaS business products with proven experience managing an expansive CRM application portfolio; Salesforce.com (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, CPQ, Renewals, etc.), Zendesk, and the processes they support (Lead to Order)
- Visible leadership skills and executive presence; demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership, think strategically, and effectively communicate vision and influence across the organization
- Outstanding ability to both collaborate and act as a change agent with business stakeholder teams to align on cross-functional processes and the required organizational change to deliver large-scale business and IT transformation initiatives
- Experience managing the compliance requirements and programs required to protect Asana’s sensitive data, this includes SOX, GDPR, CCPA, BCP/DR, and all other privacy/data protection risks
- Must have proven ability to consistently and collaboratively resolve issues, mitigate roadblocks, and meet all financial and management goals on time. Will be a self-starter who maps their own direction to succeed
- Excellent team management, coaching, and mentoring skills
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.