Product Manager, API PlatformSan Francisco
Asana is looking for a Product Manager to lead our API initiatives across the company and take our platform to the next level. The Asana API powers the integrations and workflows used by Asana customers all over the world and is supported via a rich ecosystem of partners and developers. Whether it’s automating processes, extracting data for reporting, or crafting user experiences in our interface, our API is the foundation to Asana as an open platform and allows us to channel the skills and expertise of these developers to help teams work more effectively.
As Asana grows and serves larger and more complex use cases, we want our API to scale with it, in functionality, performance, security and reliability. You’ll lead a team of engineers tackling these challenges to broaden the use cases that we can solve with our platform whilst also championing a company wide API strategy that influences all of our R&D teams.
This role is perfect for product leaders who have a technical background, a passion for developers, and are excited to build the next generation of our developer platform in a secure and reliable way.
What you’ll achieve
- Be the product voice on some of Asana’s hardest technical product challenges.
- Create a world class API experience which developers are excited to build against.
- Champion our platform internally and help craft seamless processes for other teams to contribute to our API.
- Partner with the Infrastructure and Security teams along with engineers & other product teams to co-create solutions to help our platform grow.
- Connect the dots with our Developer Relations and Developer Experience teams to create a cohesive developer journey.
- Partner with functions across the company (Engineering, Design, Data Science, Product Marketing, User Research) peers to execute on plans.
- Define and deliver compelling product roadmaps based on customer needs and strategic opportunities
- 3+ years of product management experience, managing software products from inception through launch and iteration.
- Experience working with APIs, internal or external developer platforms.
- Comfortable with technical concepts: data models and relationships, API design best practices, infrastructure strategies,
- Deeply customer empathetic: jumps to the why, the context behind the product problem vs. accepting the solution as is.
- Experience in high growth environments a plus, particularly in enterprise SaaS, working with Security, Infrastructure and Solutions Engineering teams.
- Creates, flexes, and evangelizes a roadmap. Thoughtfully breaks down projects to MVPs to maximize customer value with the least amount of work.
- Problem-solves across the organization. Understands when to leverage your team or other teams most effectively. Creates clear processes and pathways for other PMs to contribute to your strategy.
Asana enables millions of teams around the world to achieve their goals together, from small projects to strategic initiatives. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace by Fortune, Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Built In for our inclusive culture that drives business results. After spending more than two years physically distanced, we're safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, adding more flexibility to our office-centric hybrid culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.