Engineering Manager, LicensingSan FranciscoApply now
At Asana, we’re building collaboration and communication software to help every team in the world work together effortlessly and do great things together. Our product engineering team works closely with designers and PMs to continuously improve the Asana experience for all our customers. We’re involved in the entire product process, from conception to post-launch reflection. And we have deep empathy for both our coworkers and our users, to understand how we can work better together to help others work better together.
We're looking for a thoughtful and strategic engineering manager to lead Asana's new Licensing engineering team. This new team will be a part of our Adoption & Enterprise Pillar, and will focus on evolving how customers license Asana so that they feel they are getting a great value for their money. The Licensing engineering team will develop and maintain robust partnerships with groups across Asana; advocate for a consistent and easy to understand licensing model; and will obsess over providing our customers with a world-class licensing experience.The new engineering manager will bring enthusiasm for the team's mission & upcoming challenges.
As a manager on this engineering team, you’ll focus on developing the excellent engineering team around you. You are passionate about helping others contribute more and develop as software engineers as well as human beings. You enjoy the challenge of balancing speed of execution with quality while building a product that users love. And you should be as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about the challenging technical problems that you and your team will solve.
What You’ll Achieve
- Manage a team of 3-5 full-stack & backend engineers
- Partner with the team’s Tech Lead and contribute technically as needed
- Support and coach your team in their technical and professional development
- Implement process that enables your team to do the best work of their careers
- Develop and execute against a strategic roadmap that your partners can depend upon and your team can plan against
- Partner with recruiting to expand the Asana engineering organization
- Establish strong partnerships with: product managers, designers, data science, finance & revenue teams, and other Pay Area engineering teams.
- Collaborate with engineering leaders across the organization to help maintain and evolve Asana's award winning values and workplace
- Experience as a senior engineer and leader of engineering teams, projects/milestones
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Interested in developing your skills as an engineer leader - perhaps by reading books, mentoring others, or reflecting on your current organization's dynamics.
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- You are comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done - and then doing it
- Experienced working cross-functionally across an organization
- [Nice to have] Experience with software licensing models, subscription services (Zuora, PayPal, Recurly), & payment processing.
Asana enables millions of teams around the world to achieve their goals together, from small projects to strategic initiatives. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace by Fortune, Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Built In for our inclusive culture that drives business results. After spending more than two years physically distanced, we're safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, adding more flexibility to our office-centric hybrid culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.