Senior Product Designer, InsightsNew York CityApply now
This role will be based in NYC, and we support relocation.
Asana is looking for a Product Designer to join our Insights team. If you love visual and interaction design and have a passion for turning data into beautiful visualizations and actionable insights, this role is for you.
As the designer of Insights you’ll be working on some of the most visible and impactful areas of our product. You will also develop a system of charts & insights that other teams across the company can plug into. You will collaborate with design systems and many other teams across the organization to influence the direction of data driven insights in various surface areas throughout the product. Insights are critical to some of our largest customers as they empower team leads to monitor the health of their people and organization. This is how we stand out from our competitors in the work management space and is critical to the future success of Asana, especially as our customers grow in scale: the more work they put into Asana, the more critical it becomes to visualize what’s happening across their organization.
Asana’s Product Design team is a tight-knit, collaborative group of designers from many different backgrounds who love combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a user-centered design process.
As part of a product-driven and design-led company, you will play a key role owning core product development, from inception to iteration and post-launch reflection. You will be designing beautiful experiences that make it as simple as possible for millions of users to adopt, use, and benefit from our product, helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly.
What you’ll achieve
- As the design lead on Insights, you'll strive to understand our customers’ challenges with the reporting experience and re-shape the creation and sharing of dashboards and charts across the product
- Partner with engineers, product managers, user researchers and content design to make Asana a leader in the work management reporting space
- Be a champion for product excellence and contribute to our design system
- Work across the organization to build a system that is cohesive with the broader Asana product experience, ensuring your design scales and allows other teams to effortlessly plug in
- We value quality and polish and expect all designers at Asana to be a champion for product excellence
- 5+ years of experience designing digital products and systems
- A strong portfolio that showcases a track record of high-quality visual and interaction design work
- Ideally, experience designing data-driven visualizations (charts, maps, etc.) – we’d really love to hear from you
- Success leading stakeholder meetings, getting alignment across multiple teams and influencing design across multiple platforms
- Experience in driving a user-centered design process and working collaboratively to ship end-to-end features at scale
- Creative problem-solver who can iterate with low-fidelity sketches of workflows and translate those into beautiful high-fidelity designs using design software such as Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD
Asana enables millions of teams around the world to achieve their goals together, from small projects to strategic initiatives. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace by Fortune, Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Built In for our inclusive culture that drives business results. After spending more than two years physically distanced, we're safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, adding more flexibility to our office-centric hybrid culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.