Product Design Manager, MobileSan FranciscoApply now
Asana is looking for a Product Design Manager to lead our Mobile Platform. This area is responsible for the entire experience of Asana on mobile–creating the foundations and design systems that will help our mobile app be best-in-class.
This role is perfect for design leaders who have an ownership mindset, a boundaryless approach, and a get stuff done spirit. This role involves being a steward of the practices and rhythms which help teams to deliver effectively on mobile. Our ideal candidate is a champion for the customer, has a passion for product excellence, and enjoys working in a player-coach capacity to deliver design solutions.
You’ll be responsible for coaching your team through our design process and making sure that they’re solving the right problems with the best solutions. As a critical member of our design leadership team, you thrive on cross-functional collaboration, and actively work to improve the people, product, and process on your team and beyond.
What you'll achieve
- Manage and mentor a talented team of iOS and Android designers
- Set a bold vision for mobile and collaborate with teams across the org to iterate toward that vision
- Contribute to a mobile strategy that increases the impact that mobile has for our customers and our business
- Uplevel the quality of all mobile work, ensure appropriate staffing, and connect the dots across all product pillars
- Partner with PM, User Research, Data Science, PMM, and Engineering peers to define mobile area goals, objectives, roadmap, and processes
- Build out scalable frameworks, documentation, libraries, and tools for teams working on mobile
- Increase community and collaboration across all designers working on mobile in other parts of the org, through dotted line reporting relationships, facilitating design sprints, and hosting team events
- 6+ years experience designing and shipping best-in-class product experiences on mobile
- 2+ years in a people management role with a demonstrated track record of building and mentoring designers
- Has strong interaction design chops and familiarity with current mobile trends
- Is comfortable both working within the constraints of a design system and evolving that system to create new patterns
- Enjoys designing and co-creating alongside their team in a player/coach capacity
- You’re a strong influencer, who can collaborate across an organization and effect change when necessary
- Develops guidelines, practices, and frameworks to help teams operate and scale effectively
- Experience leading product design efforts in B2B/SaaS space a huge plus
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.