Senior Software Engineer, Frontend (Accessibility)New York CityApply now
Asana’s mission is to help humanity thrive by enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly. Making the Asana product accessible and inclusive to the one billion people affected by a disability is a big part of that mission.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to help us make the Asana product accessible. You’ll be joining a high-priority and rapidly growing effort, with a lot of opportunities to shape the direction of accessibility at Asana. You’ll use your engineering experience to design accessible UI libraries, or build tools that empower product engineers to build accessible products from the start. You’ll advocate for frontend and accessibility best practices across the company, and work cross-functionally and cross-team to help shape accessible user experiences across Asana.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement tools and frameworks to help developers build accessible product features – from accessible UI libraries, accessibility testing tools, to codebase linters to guide developers to build accessible features.
- Support and partner with product teams in shipping accessible products and resolving accessibility bugs.
- Advocate and help build accessibility standards into the product development process at Asana, by collaborating with other engineers, designers, product managers, and user researchers.
- Help coach and train others in accessibility standards and best practices.
- 2+ years experience of full time professional software development experience, or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in modern frontend web technologies; past experience with TypeScript, React and Sass / CSS preferred
- Passion for accessibility, with 1+ year experience developing web products to meet accessibility standards and best practices preferred.
- Experience with leading projects with multiple engineers or experience partnering with developers outside of your team is highly preferred.
- Good attention to detail and appreciation for design quality, delight and polish.
- Are looking for an environment where you and your teammates empower one another to become the best versions of yourselves
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $162,000 - $246,400. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.