Software Engineer, Web FrameworksNew York City
The Web Framework team speeds up product engineering by making it easy to build and ship complex web app features. From core UI components, client performance libraries, to data loading APIs, these frameworks empower product engineers to easily build highly-reactive and fast product features at scale.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to help make our engineering team move even faster. You will help identify points of friction and design new approaches that are easier and safer to use. You will work with our world-class team of engineers to influence the direction of software development patterns across the company. You will help our frontend infrastructure go from excellent to world class.
We pride ourselves on a friendly and collaborative team culture that helps us do great work and enjoy our day to day.
What you’ll achieve:
- Design, build, and iterate on web frameworks that affect every aspect of the Asana product
- Partner with product engineering teams to identify opportunities to develop faster at Asana, and help the company achieve our goals
- Become an expert in Asana's frontend frameworks, supporting product teams through office hours and talks on new framework changes
- Have at least 2+ years of experience
- Learn quickly and are comfortable transitioning between different areas of a large codebase
- Can make (and articulate) technical tradeoffs in decisions that have cross-cutting impact.
- Get excited about the latest and greatest frontend technologies
- Have familiarity with React / GraphQL ecosystem and TypeScript (a plus)
- Are looking for an environment where you and your teammates empower one another to become the best versions of yourselves
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.