Software Engineer, AndroidSan Francisco
We're looking for an engineer to help us build a seamless cross-platform Asana experience for people who rely on our app to get work done. Working closely with our award-winning Design team and supported by world-class Product Managers, you will delight users with both large new features and daily small product enhancements. You'll also contribute to the technical direction of the app's internals and the team's workflows.
Asana's mission to help teams work together effortlessly is ambitious, and we believe that both a high-quality team and a high-quality codebase are critical pieces of that mission. We maintain a codebase and a culture that are a joy to work in by combining tried-and-true mobile best practices with a focus on usability and design. We stick to standard languages like Java and Kotlin, and we work with a mobile-focused backend team. Google regularly features Asana’s Android App in the Play Store, and gave us a Material Design Award in 2016.
Software Engineers at Asana are quickly trusted to own major parts of both the codebase and our processes through the Areas of Responsibility system. We expect you to thrive as a leader in defining and solving problems, with mutual support from your peers.
- Passion for creating amazing user experiences
- Experience building a complex software product in a team environment
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Good judgment for balancing scrappiness and long-term code maintainability
- Familiarity with the Android SDK
- 2+ years of experience developing, releasing, and maintaining high-quality Android applications
- Knowledge of internet technologies
- Experience working in large, high-quality codebases
- Like to leave code better than you found it
Asana enables millions of teams around the world to achieve their goals together, from small projects to strategic initiatives. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace by Fortune, Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Built In for our inclusive culture that drives business results. After spending more than two years physically distanced, we're safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, adding more flexibility to our office-centric hybrid culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.