Asana is on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. We serve millions of organizations in 190 countries – and are just getting started.
The Workplace team provides support for every employee at Asana, from creating a welcoming experience upon entry to all of our global offices, to designing, building and maintaining comfortable, inclusive, work environments across the globe. We are committed to creating environments in which all Asana's can perform at their best.
We're looking for a Workplace Lead to oversee all office operations at our new Chicago office. The Workplace Lead will facilitate an ongoing positive experience for all Asana employees in Chicago by providing consistent operational support and managing a safe, inclusive, and fun environment. Please note this role will be required to be in office everyday.
What you’ll achieve
- Partner with People and IT onsite to ensure organized onboarding of new employees and ongoing smooth operational support.
- Facilitate all parts of the Chicago specific general on-boarding program and if starting in Chicago, facilitate the full general on-boarding session (excluding IT).
- Actively participate in facilitating/overseeing an ongoing positive employee experience by overseeing the consistent delivery of exceptional operational/Workplace support.
- Manage all day-to-day Office operations for Chicago and elevate issues to other team members as needed.
- Manage office vendor operations and relationships including janitorial, security, building engineering, and others as needed.
- Partner with the Global Workplace team to ensure global standards of office design, maintenance and organizational standards are maintained.
- Be the onsite manager of all small to medium sized expansion or alteration projects of the Chicago space.
- Work with your manager, global head of safety & security, and local building management to develop and maintain the Fire Warden Program.
- Participate in the management of the Office ticket workflow and work with the global team to respond to Chicago tickets as needed. Perform the necessary task(s) to satisfy general office inquiries and maintenance requests, and work with cross-functional Asana teams to address larger needs and changes to the space.
- Partner with on site leads to assist with new employee seating assignments and manage adjustments in seating assignments as needed.
- Work with the Space Planning team to maintain consistently up to date seating plans.
- Partner with the Events team to provide facilities support for events as needed.
- Maintain consistent and clear communication with other Workplace team members in regards to any facilities or security related concerns.
- Work with on site teams and the global Workplace team to help maintain OSHA compliance for the space.
- Met regularly with remote manager to ensure operational excellence standards are always being met.
- Other site specific duties required by the property in question.
- A passion for managing an overall positive employee experience through ongoing operational support
- Strong ability to manage competing priorities and projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships across departments, work collaboratively, and manage conflict constructively
- Strong coordination and collaboration skills – can both execute and delegate as needed
- Strong ability to successfully prioritize and execute tasks/duties for yourself in alignment with the overall goals of both the day to day Chicago needs and the global Workplace team.
- Comfortable making decisions in a fast-paced, ever-growing environment.
- 1-3 years of direct customer service experience
- 1-3 years of office operations experience
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.