Senior Staff Software Engineer (Area Tech Lead)San Francisco
We are looking for a Senior Staff Software Engineer (Area Tech Lead) to take on a key technical leadership role for a group of teams focused on empowering individual Asana users to get into a flow state so they can take on their biggest challenges at work with confidence. As an Area Tech Lead you’ll provide technical leadership to a group of cross-platform engineering teams. Some of the focus areas for these teams include: building real-time document collaboration (with operational transforms), helping users plan and prioritize their work across mobile & web, building Asana’s Desktop application, and scaling Asana’s notification delivery.
What you’ll achieve
- Provide technical leadership to 4+ product engineering teams on several platforms
- Act as a technical partner to an Engineering Director and collaborate on – strategic engineering planning, roadmap sequencing, and prioritizing technical investments
- Partner with Product Management, Design, and Engineering Management to define area level upcoming projects and strategy
- Collaborate with front-line Engineering Managers on – creating growth opportunities for their reports, solutions to address technical skill gaps, and providing technical feedback on their reports
- Act as a resource for team-level tech leads on topics like longer-term technical planning, design & architecture, and prioritizing tech debt
- 7+ years of experience working as a technical contributor in a full-stack environment
- 2+ years of experience as a technical leader for multiple engineering teams.
- Practiced at owning and delegating technical design decisions
- Experience working cross-functionally with stakeholders and PM/Design/Data Science partners to manage risks, make tradeoffs and align on long-term plans
- Previous experience as a technical leader for a group of cross-platform (web, iOS, Android) teams is a bonus
- Excited to work in a unique problem space that involves building powerful user-facing features on a variety of platforms.
- Passionate about coaching and mentoring engineers of all experience levels
- Deep care for fostering collaboration and psychological safety among team members
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
- Ability to debug off-track teams or projects when necessary
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.