Head of Partnerships, M&A, and LitigationSan Francisco
Our Legal team works cross-functionally to support all Asanas in our mission of enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly. The Legal team is a global collaborative group providing support and guidance to the company in order to enable all Asanas to achieve their goals in service to our mission. We run ideas past each other, problem-solve together, ask questions, challenge each other, and approach thorny issues with curiosity. We partner with other groups across the company to navigate business issues together.
This is a senior leadership role reporting to the General Counsel and is responsible for managing three main functions: Litigation, Global Legal Operations and Programs, and M&A/Partnerships. This is a great opportunity to join a high growth and mission-driven company. This role offers a unique opportunity to build and grow legal functions relating to a wide variety of issues key to scaling and managing a legal department.
What You’ll Achieve
- Lead strategy and programs within the Legal Department across a wide variety of matters including Litigation, M&A/Partnerships, and global Legal Operations/Programs (including communications programs)
- Litigation: Lead global litigation and dispute management strategy and execution working with subject matter experts within the legal department and stakeholders across the company
- M&A/Partnerships: Collaborating with the business functions, lead the development and execution of an M&A/partnerships function within the Legal Department
- Global Legal Operations and Programs:
- Lead Legal Department annual planning
- Manage existing Global Legal Operations and Programs team
- Lead cross functional projects and programs to refine key commercial policies and processes
- Lead the development of core internal tools and processes for Asana Legal including metrics and monitoring
- Develop and execute communications plans enabling the legal team to connect to their work while also sharing key/helpful information with the business functions
- In partnership with Legal Leadership, develop Legal Department specific growth plans that include plans intended to support the team in developing legal expertise
- Bachelor’s degree and JD from an accredited law school, plus at least one state bar membership (CA bar preferred)
- 15+ years of experience practicing law. Additional experience in related strategic business roles is a plus!
- You understand the value proposition of in-house legal teams and how best to enable them to achieve success
- You thrive on helping organizations mature as they grow and scale
- You can partner with internal and external stakeholders to provide clear, actionable and practicable advice
- You have a track record of taking initiative, working well across multiple functions, handling complex projects with competing deadlines and priorities, and creating coalescence and clarity for your collaborators when there is ambiguity in situations
- You are a great communicator with a responsive and solutions-oriented attitude
- You have excellent business sense and reliable legal judgement, with the ability to be strategic as well as detail-oriented
- You have broad legal expertise
- You have managed a global team
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.