Senior Software Engineer, AccessibilitySan Francisco
Asana’s mission is to help humanity thrive by enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly. Making the Asana product accessible and inclusive to the one billion people affected by a disability is a big part of that mission.
We’re looking for an experienced User Interface Engineer to lead the efforts in making the Asana product accessible. You’ll be influencing and driving a high-priority and rapidly growing effort, which involves all product engineering teams at Asana. You’ll drive strategic improvements to Asana products’ accessibility, mentor engineers across the organization, and advocate for accessibility best practices across the company.
What you’ll do:
- Architect, build and implement accessibility features on Asana’s reusable component library.
- Support and partner with product teams in shipping accessible products and resolving accessibility bugs.
- Advocate and help build accessibility standards into the product development process at Asana, by collaborating with other engineers, designers, product managers, and user researchers.
- Coach and train others in accessibility standards and best practices.
- 3+ years of industry experience in developing or upgrading large web products to meet accessibility standards and best practices. Strong understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- 3+ years experience in modern frontend web technologies; past experience with TypeScript, React and Sass / CSS preferred.
- Great attention to detail and appreciation for design quality, delight and polish.
- Strong communication skills and interest in advocating for accessibility and mentoring others.
- Are looking for an environment where you and your teammates empower one another to become the best versions of yourselves.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
- Rethinking the org chart: Areas of Responsibility (AoRs)
- Distributed responsibility: An engineering manager’s perspective
- The Pyramid of Clarity
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.