Senior Software Engineer, Frontend (Design Systems)San Francisco
The Design Systems team leads design innovation at Asana, while accelerating product teams to ship features with higher velocity, quality, and consistency. We build a library of reusable components, make cross-cutting improvements like accessibility and dark mode to Asana, and invest in tools that make frontend engineering more robust and effective.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help make our engineering and design team move even faster, and push the envelope of design innovation at Asana. You’ll use your engineering experience to identify frontend engineers’ points of friction and design core components which are easier, more robust, and more powerful to use. You’ll advocate for frontend best practices and work cross-functionally to define and build features that affect the entire product. All of this will go toward elevating the level of product design and quality throughout Asana.
What you’ll do:
- Architect and build out Asana’s reusable component library, to ensure the product is easy to navigate, and has a consistent and high quality design language
- Design and implement innovative UI solutions for complex frontend challenges (for example, making a performant, keyboard accessible timeline view).
- Understand and support the work of other engineers and designers at Asana by supporting and building the design system component framework, and providing education and mentorship to other teams.
- Help Asana achieve its mission by making sure it’s accessible and usable by everyone
- Iterate and contribute to the design process at Asana, by collaborating with other engineers, designers, product managers, and user researchers.
- 3+ years experience of full time professional software development experience, or equivalent, in working in a large codebase.
- 3+ years experience in in modern frontend web technologies; past experience with TypeScript, React and SASS / CSS preferred
- Good attention to detail and appreciation for design quality, delight and polish.
- Experience in leading software projects involving other engineers.
- Familiarity with accessibility standards and best practices preferred
- Are looking for an environment where you and your teammates empower one another to become the best versions of yourselves
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
- Rethinking the org chart: Areas of Responsibility (AoRs)
- Distributed responsibility: An engineering manager’s perspective
- The Pyramid of Clarity
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.