Marketing Operations Manager, Engagement PlatformsSan Francisco
Asana has a big mission and even bigger opportunity: to empower all teams to work together effortlessly. Some of the most innovative companies (Uber, Airbnb, Possible Health, and Overstock) are utilizing Asana to accelerate their mission and transform the culture of work within their organizations. Today, Asana serves millions of organizations in 195 countries, and we’re just getting started.
The Marketing Operations team is chartered to operationalize the Marketing team’s vision by setting a foundation of structure, process, & strategy to empower Marketers to achieve results. This role sits at the intersection between business and technology. You’ll work with senior leaders to translate desired business outcomes into new technology initiatives. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in managing Asana's martech stack, supporting our global expansion efforts and go-to-market strategies.
What you’ll achieve:
- Administrate our software platforms for Engagement Marketing teams. Execute requests such as updating our operational programs, monitoring data, adding custom fields and automation, and adding/maintaining system integrations.
- Oversee, assess, develop, and enforce system governance policies across our MarTech platforms. Serve as first-line support for internal users troubleshooting issues and failures with various platforms and assist in the integration of future platforms
- Own and manage the hygiene and integrity of marketing databases within systems.
- Maintain process workflow for email campaigns, list uploads, and data management between product and marketing systems.
- Coordinate and cultivate relationships our software vendors
- Support and optimize our campaigns automation programs with a focus on driving engagement, efficiency, and scalability.
- Provide logic and guidance using business-appropriate data analysis to size the impact, risk, & benefit of major technology changes for our business
- Educate and support various marketers on our software platforms and roadmap
- Set policies and processes to help scale our enablement. Act as an adoption and growth agent for systems and processes.
- Contribute to our marketing knowledge base of best practice processes
- Develop and maintain documentation to ensure Marketers are fully enabled to use system features, that we facilitate accurate data collection, and meet compliance guidelines
- 2+ years of experience with technology management (administration, internal tools product management, business system analysis)
- Operational expertise with Marketing or Community tools
- Experience with data analysis and reporting, demonstrated ability to make data-driven decisions
- Experience working with technology teams to develop internal tools, including: writing business requirements, gaining alignment on decisions, ensuring new capabilities will support business needs
- Roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, willingness and enthusiasm to build from the ground up
- Strong relationship skills, you can build partnerships with our marketers around the globe
- Excited to celebrate cultural differences & diversity
- Relevant technology certification a plus (e.g. Iterable, Braze, H etc.)
- Experience with Agile or similar methodologies
- Familiarity with our current Marketing or Community tools a plus (e.g. Iterable, Braze, Responsys, Bevy, Partnerstack, Stenusl etc.)
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.