Data Scientist - Revenue MarketingSan Francisco
The Data Science team works closely with our product, marketing, customer success, and sales teams; we work to make sure teams are asking the right questions and then find those answers. Our data informs us of the impact we are having on the world, and our team is crucial to architecting and building our data infrastructure. We also design and use data analysis tools that increase our data’s scalability, accuracy, and accessibility. We understand our company’s goals and proactively inform their direction with data so that our product can help more teams do great things.
As a Marketing Data Scientist at Asana, you will partner with our Marketing teams across Growth Marketing, Revenue Marketing, Lifecycle Marketing, Marketing Analytics to acquire, engage, and convert Asana users and customers around the globe at different stages in the funnel. You will develop various skills as a full-stack Data Scientist working on projects end-to-end and build deep domain expertise in the intersection of Data Science and Marketing.
- Develop and apply marketing measurement capabilities such as Marketing Mix Modeling (MMM), Geo-based experimentation, Multi-touch Attribution (MTA) to evaluate the performance of our marketing effort.
- Build and deploy machine learning and statistical models such as Customer Lifetime Value, Lead Scoring, Segmentation, time-series forecasting end to end through scoping, researching, prototyping, and productionizing with tools such as Git, Sagemaker, Airflow.
- Collaborate with Marketing stakeholders, Marketing Operation, Marketing Analytics, and other cross-functional partners to identify impactful business questions, conduct deep-dive analysis, and communicate findings and actionable recommendations to audiences at all levels to drive data-driven decisions.
- Proactively explore and identify opportunities to improve existing or develop new data science applications that can uplevel Asana marketing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, a related quantitative field, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience in applying data science techniques to drive decision-making or develop technical applications.
- Fluency in at least one modern language useful for data processing (e.g. Python, Scala).
- Proficiency with relational data modeling and SQL.
- Expertise in statistical methods including experimental design, regression, causal inference with observational data, time series modeling.
- Familiarity with one or more of the machine learning methods such as classification, ranking, clustering.
- Strong ability in managing stakeholders, leading a project end-to-end, communicating complex concepts to diverse audiences, and crafting compelling stories.
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience in marketing data science/analytics and familiarity with one or more of the marketing data science topics such as Marketing Mix Modeling (MMM), Geo-based experimentation, Multi-touch Attribution (MTA), Customer Lifetime Value, Lead Scoring, Segmentation, Ranking and Targeting, Incrementality, Propensity Modeling, Web Analytics.
- Experience as a Tech Lead or Program Lead scoping and planning projects with stakeholders, and driving technical execution from a team.
- Experience in writing production-quality code in Python/Scala and productionizing machine learning applications with tools such as Git, Sagemaker, Airflow.
- Familiarity with SaaS business model, sales-assisted growth, or lead generation.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, Marketing Science, Engineering, or a related quantitative field.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.