Sales Compensation AnalystSan Francisco
Asana is growing the Sales Compensation Team to help achieve our operational and financial goals through the use of strategic incentive programs. You will be involved in all aspects of the Sales Compensation processes and will collaborate cross-functionally with sales leadership, finance, and operational teams alike to develop incentive programs that motivate our global revenue team to succeed.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and will possess strong knowledge of sales operations and compensation processes. We’re looking for process improvers that can easily pick up and own sales compensation operations while helping transform our sales compensation strategy and processes into a robust and scalable system. You will turn data into actionable insights, connecting the dots between short-term operational plans and long-term financial goals, and analyze trends for performance reporting. You will have exceptional communication skills backed by a high degree of empathy. You are a self-starter who likes to bring order and data to the decision-making process. You’re driven to do great things, fast.
You will be joining a world-class finance team that tracks and seeks to understand the factors driving our growth and success. We help our entire organization achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. We ensure our objectives are feasible and work closely with our partners to ensure they have the resources they need to achieve our ambitious mission of enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
What you’ll achieve
- Deeply understand our sales compensation strategy in order to assist in developing, designing, and administering sales incentive programs
- Assist with monthly sales attainment and compensation processes, striving to meet compliance standards and accuracy of calculations
- Develop and manage our sales compensation tool, Xactly, including day to day operations, configuration, and validation of incentive payments
- Research and resolve crediting and compensation questions, with both a problem-solving mentality and a high level of empathy
- Work cross-collaboratively with partners to actively contribute and enhance sales compensation policy. Support policy communications and enablement efforts to the global revenue teams
- Actively contribute to the growth of the Sales Compensation organization supporting ad hoc projects and initiatives with a spirit of flexibility and teamwork
- 2+ years of experience in sales compensation, sales operations, or related finance functions
- Ability to cultivate productive relationships and communicate effectively with business stakeholders and cross-functional team members
- You’re obsessed with details and accuracy. You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Calmness in the face of uncertainty; comfortable working in a dynamic and hyper-growth environment
- Experience with Xactly or other sales compensation software is preferred, along with a strong proficiency with MS Excel/Google Sheets
- A degree in finance, accounting, engineering, mathematics, economics or related quantitative field, or equivalent work experience
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.