Finance Transformation Manager (Record to Report)San Francisco
We’re looking for a detail-oriented, curious, and analytical leader to help us achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. You will join a world-class Accounting and Finance team to help establish best-in-class finance and accounting processes within a fast-paced environment!
You’ll be joining a new and growing PMO function within the finance organization. This role will play a significant role in representing finance cross-functionally across Asana, partnering with Finance and Technology as a thought leader, being a driver of high impact Finance initiatives. The ideal candidate should have experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth technology company.
What you’ll achieve :
- Own and initiate projects and planning supporting the finance team and working closely with business process owners across the Company
- Fearless in jumping in on project tasks and requirements in order to resolve key blockers/ issues during project execution
- Lead business requirements documentation, test scenarios etc in conjunction with technical and finance SMEs
- Be the process optimization expert in Finance processes with an emphasis on Record to Report and Month-End Close Optimization efforts
- Have working knowledge of other Finance processes such as Plan to Perform, Procure to Pay, etc
- Ongoing communication of finance program roadmap and status updates to leadership team
- Be a multiplayer in supporting the Accounting team’s SOX efforts
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in PMO role at high-growth tech company
- Big 4 consulting background with Finance Transformation Projects desired
- Critical thinker and detailed oriented that thoroughly evaluates all potential accounting implications and solutions associated with a particular issue
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong knowledge of key accounting concepts, GAAP, SOX controls
- Customer service oriented, especially for internal teams
- Ability to perform within tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of General Accounting Processes
- Mission-driven, enthusiastic to learn and grow with a positive attitude
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.