Security Engineer, Threat Detection & ResponseSan Francisco
Asana is looking for a Security Engineer to join our Security Detection & Response team. This role will perform investigative and response efforts to protect Asana from cybersecurity threats to our product and company.
What you’ll achieve
- Help to mature Asana’s investigation and response capabilities and ability to respond effectively to security events
- Write and deploy runbooks and detections for threats to the network, system, and users of Asana
- Perform investigations into suspicious activity
- Develop processes, with an eye for automation, for security-related tasks
- Deploy detections, automations, and alerts using modern software engineering practices (i.e. automated testing/validation, CI/CD pipelines, detections as code, etc.)
- You’re endlessly curious and enjoy learning new systems, processes, and working with new technologies
- You thrive in finding signal through the noise
- You can keep your cool in stressful situations and enjoy helping others do the same
- You’re always looking to automate anything you’ve done once
- You regularly evaluate how you are prioritizing your time and energy, and make adjustments
- 1-3 years minimum working in security response with a focus on incident response, threat hunting, or creating detection signatures.
- Strong working knowledge of modern threats and working familiarity with frameworks like MITRE ATT&CK
- Experience with incident response
- Experience working with SIEM solutions and tuning detection signatures
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as python and query languages like SQL
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.