Security Engineer, Detection InfrastructureSan Francisco
Asana is looking for a Security Engineer to join our newly formed Detection and Response team. This role will help to build and advise on the systems we employ to generate, collect, and surface signal to allow for detection of malicious activity on and directed towards Asana the product.
The Detection and Response team is made up of Detection Infrastructure and Security Response areas. Detection Infrastructure works closely with the investigators on Security Response to provide tooling and systems that allows for expedient response and focuses on automation above manual work.
What you’ll achieve
- Identify and prioritize data sources necessary for performing detection, investigation and response
- Implement and improve security event monitoring solutions
- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines and systems to deliver meaningful data to centralized security event monitoring solutions
- Develop best practices around data ingestion, normalization and enrichment to deliver the most high-signal detections to investigators
- Participate in maturing the incident response and investigative capabilities of Asana
- Deploy detections, automations, and alerts using modern software engineering practices (i.e. automated testing/validation, CI/CD pipelines, detections as code, etc.)
- You’re passionate about doing security detection and response right - and have the software engineering chops to lead execution on solutions
- You care about the experience of investigators and response engineers and desire to reduce alert fatigue early in the pipeline
- You reject the idea that more alerts equals better visibility, and develop with intention with an eye towards reducing burnout across the organization
- 1-3 years minimum working in threat detection engineering, or similar security engineering role focused on implementing and maintaining systems for logging and alerting
- Strong software engineering background
- Proficiency working in AWS and with infrastructure as code
- Experience with SIEM and detection tooling (for example StreamAlert, Splunk, EDR, IDS, etc)
- Strong data analysis and data pipeline engineering experience
- Experience with SaaS platforms and the risk landscape of web apps
- Working knowledge of modern threats and working familiarity with frameworks like MITRE ATT&CK
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.