Head of Product SecuritySan Francisco
We are looking for a Head of Product Security to grow our rapidly expanding Security team here at Asana. You will be guiding your teams and ensuring our ambitious security roadmap is achieved to keep Asana users safe.
The Security team ensures that Asana's users and employees are safe from malicious activity and accidental disclosure. We build the systems and tools that enable the rest of Asana to develop secure software easily. We're focused on secure-by-default frameworks, least privilege access, detection and alerting, and eliminating bug classes.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage our product security teams by providing the resources and coaching they need to execute
- Guide the articulation and execution of Asana’s product security program, including architecture, security testing, security reviews, application security and secure-by-default frameworks
- Work directly with the Head of Security and other senior leaders across Asana to set the strategy for your teams
- Build processes that scale Product Security in a rapidly expanding company
- Recruit for your teams and define how it evolves and interacts with the rest of Asana
- Work with teams cross-functionally and align their roadmaps to improve the security posture of Asana
- Support product teams working on our newest features and technologies to be sure they are secure
- 5+ years technical management and leadership experience
- Software engineering and security background
- Strong working knowledge of the OWASP top 10, including details of common vulnerabilities such as XSS, CSRF, SSRF, prototype pollution, HTTP desync, among others. Experience with standards including OAuth and SAML and their weaknesses.
- Very comfortable with working with stakeholders like Product, Legal, Sales, Marketing, and the rest of Engineering
- You’re interested in building defenses against real world attacks
- Able to balance diverse risk when making decisions
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
- Rethinking the org chart: Areas of Responsibility (AoRs)
- Distributed responsibility: An engineering manager’s perspective
- The Pyramid of Clarity
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.