Corporate ParalegalSan Francisco
Our legal team works cross-functionally to help achieve Asana’s mission of enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly. The Legal team is a collaborative group responsible for partnering with all teams throughout the organization to provide legal guidance enabling Asanas to achieve their goals in service to our mission. We run ideas past each other, problem-solve together, and partner with other groups to navigate through challenging issues.
Specifically, we’re looking for an experienced Corporate Paralegal to support our Corporate Legal team. Based out of San Francisco, this role will report to an experienced attorney within Corporate Legal and requires someone with experience supporting public company governance and reporting and strong project management skills. This is a great opportunity to join a mission-driven company and offers exposure to a wide variety of issues and a chance to help build and refine processes as we grow as an organization.
What You’ll Achieve
- Be a vital part of the Corporate Legal team in its management of Asana’s worldwide subsidiaries and parent company governance
- Lead state filings and maintenance for global subsidiaries, including managing and updating entity management platform, managing document drafting and review workflows, and managing the execution of documents needed to maintain Asana’s subsidiaries
- Assist the Corporate Legal team by project managing multiple workstreams as we create and scale processes and procedures needed as a fast-growing public company
- Assist with global expansion and entity formation and liaising with Asana’s local counsel in multiple jurisdictions on an ongoing basis
- Support securities law compliance and SEC reporting for Asana’s public company filings, including maintaining backup records, supporting attorneys on filings, and assisting with insider trading program compliance
- Assist with strategic corporate transactions, including due diligence, document preparation, closing mechanics, and post-closing integration, as applicable
- Drive the maintenance of Asana’s corporate and related records
- Partner with the Board Administrator on parent company board support, as needed
- Pitch in on other special projects as needed - flexibility and a willingness to contribute in both small and big ways is important
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certification
- Three to five years of corporate paralegal experience, in-house experience at a public company preferred
- Team player with an enthusiasm to help others do great things, fast
- Experience with complex project management, ideally including using project management software
- Adept at technical tools, including G-Suite and document sharing and e-signing tools. Experience with Workiva/W-Desk is a plus
- Fearlessness and curiosity when learning about new tools or creating new processes
- Meticulous attention to detail and passionate about bringing order to workstreams
- Great communicator that is comfortable liaising with multiple teams to solve problems and promptly answer questions
- Track record of taking initiative, working well across an organization, having the ability to work autonomously, and handling multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Collaborative, responsive, and flexible in a fast-paced environment
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.