Blog EditorNew York City
Asana is on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. We serve millions of organizations in 190 countries—and we’re just getting started.
The editorial team at Asana fuels global marketing programs, campaigns, and launches by creating content that educates, informs, and delights audiences. We partner with teams across Marketing like product marketing, demand generation, lifecycle marketing, and creative to drive growth and build a brand that customers love.
We’re looking for a Blog Editor to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll help us win the work management category by reimagining the Asana blog and turning it into a powerful brand awareness and engagement tool. You’ll drive the content strategy and day-to-day execution in close collaboration with key partners across the company to tell effective stories, educate readers about work management, and drive web traffic globally. The ideal candidate is someone who loves working with words as much as they enjoy creating content that performs.
What you’ll achieve
- Own and reimagine the Asana Blog, turning it into a powerful brand awareness and engagement tool that puts the audience first
- Write and publish compelling content for the corporate blog that supports the wider strategy and meets readers where they are
- Partner with stakeholders across the company — including product marketing, employer brand, customer marketing, public relations, and SEO — to build and execute a blog roadmap that supports overall marketing and business goals
- Manage the blog editorial calendar day-to-day ensuring streamlined processes are in place to move work forward efficiently
- Review and edit content written by others, coaching peers in how to improve their writing
- Establish and execute a strong promotional strategy to drive engagement with blog post content and raise Asana’s brand awareness
- Regularly analyze the blog’s performance, circulate learnings to key stakeholders, and refine the roadmap
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a journalism or content marketing role
- Experience growing an audience (e.g., blog, news publisher, social media, newsletter, podcast, community, etc.)
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with demonstrated success creating compelling stories that put the audience first
- Strong collaborator who thrives in fast-paced environments
- Self-starter with excellent communication and organizational skills who can influence others to achieve shared goals
- Familiarity working in a CMS (e.g., WordPress) and/or publishing content to the web
- Familiarity working with Google Analytics or similar
- Familiar with SEO best practices and how to implement them
- Familiarity with social media and newsletter best practices
- Experience managing freelance writers
- Experience managing budgets, contracts, and invoices
- Knowledge of AP style
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.