Talent Acquisition Partner, APACSydney
Talent Acquisition is dedicated to ensuring that teams at Asana have the people they need to achieve their goals. As a product-driven organization, we hire the people who build Asana, the people who support our users, and the people who tell our story in the market. All human progress comes down to teamwork—and we work with the entire company to enable teamwork by building our own team. We work as a team to get to know the whole person, to communicate our values, and to ensure that candidates are well-informed and delighted throughout the process. Recruiting is a company-wide effort and responsibility and we encourage all Asanas to adopt the motto, “Always Be Recruiting.”
We are looking for an experienced recruiter to work side-by-side with our Sydney-based Talent Acquisition Partner, General Manager and peers across the Business, to scale our growing team in APAC. We take pride in the craft of building this amazing team, which requires moving at a tremendous rate, and that’s where you come in! The right person is experienced and humble — we don’t believe in traditional job titles at Asana, and we focus on Areas of Responsibility (AoRs) and impactful work.
What you’ll achieve
- Serve as a strategic hiring expert & business partner for your team, hiring stakeholders, department heads, and all of Asana; co-create hiring, internal mobility, and recruiting strategies that address the short & long-term goals of the business team
- Advise hiring partners on strategies to address talent gaps and future talent needs, through hiring
- Help determine roles and scopes for a team given organizational objectives
- Develop a hiring strategy, including candidate assessment tools (interview guides, reference questions etc.) based on best practices that ensure efficient, effective and objective evaluation processes
- Build critical relationships (within organization & your own network) to attract and engage with new talent
- Serve as a subject matter expert for hiring in APAC while driving talent strategies that build a diverse workforce & promote a culture of inclusion
- Build candidate rapport through trust, and act as a candidate advisor through the interview process start to finish
- When needed, challenge assumptions & influence hiring stakeholders to so an objective process is completed, and the best hire is made for the organization
- Develop & leverage metrics to inform recruiting decisions, but not take that data alone at face value to determine actions
- Full-cycle business recruiting experience, ideally in-house at a tech company
- Experience recruiting for non-technical roles in a technical environment, specifically within customer success, marketing, business strategy, and/or user operations sourced through a variety of channels in both US and international locations
- Belief that recruiting is a partnership and that you serve as an extension of and partner to your client group(s); not an “order-taker”
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can create order out of uncertainty
- Demonstrated excellence and passion for candidate experience at each step of the recruitment process
- Experience with and appreciation for proactive candidate cultivation/relationship building with top-tier passive candidates over time
- Detail-oriented in approach to all tasks, whether mundane or mission critical
- Sense of urgency; ability to move quickly and autonomously
- Deep understanding of hiring practices within the region
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.