Data Governance LeadSan Francisco
The Enterprise Technology team at Asana is responsible for delivering great user experiences through secure, scalable technology, and enabling processes, data, and analytics that power the business and help Asana achieve its mission. To do this, we collaborate deeply with the best of minds and teams at Asana that run our business and build our product. We are looking for a Data Governance Lead who will partner across the company in a cross-functional role and help build our Data Governance framework, processes, and tooling.
In this role, you will enable high quality, trust, and reliability in data across our systems that helps teams make data-driven decisions fast.
The Data Governance Lead is expected to be proficient in the data governance frameworks while having strong business acumen and understanding of Master Data Management and Data Quality principles. The ideal candidate will have a passion for working in white space and creating impact from the ground up in a fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Achieve
- Work cross-functionally with Asana's data domain leads and subject matter experts to define and implement data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable
- Build the foundation for the Enterprise Technology organization to adopt and implement data policies, system playbooks, and optimize processes to leverage data as an asset
- Ensure that the data management and metadata management strategies are implemented and reflected in data standards and practices
- Coordinate data hygiene and cleansing efforts across our systems by identifying business requirements and collaborating with business, IT, and Enterprise Data teams to improve data quality
- Facilitate development of the organization’s Data Stewardship and Quality Framework
- Be the champion for data quality across the organization, promote data accountability, and co-develop standards and best practices
- Define mechanisms, processes, and metrics to monitor data quality and manage resolution when standards are not met
- Facilitate a consistent and transparent data decision-making process that brings together business and technical data stakeholders
- Partner with Asana business stakeholders to identify requirements for data origination and data maintenance workflows and service levels for assigned data domains
- Collaborate across teams to evaluate tools that enable data governance and quality and recommend customizations where appropriate
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Legal and Privacy Teams to enable compliance with GDPR, SOX, CCPA and other regulatory requirements pertaining to how we use data across the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field; 12+ years of experience in data analytics, master data management, data quality or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of data governance, data architecture & master data management experience is a must
- Data quality and data risk management expertise, including understanding of standards, methods, processes, tools, and controls to manage enterprise-wide projects
- Knowledge of information and data architectures, strategies, organization and governance preferred
- Working knowledge on the DG tools (i.e. Alation, Collibra, etc)
- Experienced in using the data profiling tools (i.e. Talend, Atlan etc)
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in SQL
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of analysts, managers, executives and subject matter experts
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective planning and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.