Brand Strategy ManagerSan Francisco
We’re looking for a passionate brand strategist to manage and drive Asana’s brand insights, identity, and measurement. You’ll play a critical role on our newly formed Brand Marketing team — charged with making Asana the most thought of, recognized, and talked about brand in the industry — by ensuring we’re authentic, consistent, and data-driven. This is a career-building opportunity to be at the forefront of defining & refining a category-leading brand at a high-growth company with an ambitious mission.
Based in San Francisco, you’ll report to the Head of Brand Strategy and work alongside a creative team of storytellers across Brand Advertising & Experiential, Employer Brand, Customer Marketing, and Social Media. You’ll collaborate closely with our in-house research team and be a key partner to our in-house creative team to capture and analyze insights, design and implement recommendations and guidelines, and measure and report on our overall brand health to our global Marketing team and the business.
You’re someone who knows that brand strategy is both an art and a science. You enjoy crafting the pillars and words of an actionable brand platform that guides how we show up in the world. And you also understand the importance of gathering and analyzing insights to inform our brand advertising and creative decisions.
What you’ll achieve
- Leverage insights and research to inform, design, and socialize global strategies that ensure Asana’s brand is consistent and distinctive across every expression of the brand
- Drive the articulation, socialization, and management of our global brand platform, identity and story
- Build and support managing a brand center of excellence and internal trainings across the business, acting as the resident expert on Asana’s brand and standards
- Champion our distinctive brand asset and category entry point research
- Manage our brand tracker end to end, partnering closely with our in-house market research team on survey design, analyzing data and developing recommendations, internal reporting, and vendor management
- Maintain a pulse on trends in the industry and among competition, and bring new, innovative ideas to the table
- You have 5+ years of experience in brand strategy and/or marketing (in-house or agency)
- You have supported or led large brand strategy projects that have driven measurable impact on a brand’s identity and awareness
- You understand brand identity and brand measurement concepts, and can articulate, build on, and action them
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills with high empathy for your audience
- You know how to leverage data to influence change
- You’re a self-starter who thrives in ambiguous situations and excels at managing multiple projects across many cross-functional stakeholders
- You value and champion inclusivity
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.