Product Communications LeadSan Francisco
The Product Communications Lead is an integral driver of our integrated communications program to bolster awareness of Asana across key influencers and industry validators. Reporting to our Head of Public Relations & Analyst Relations, this role is a critical member of our growing communications team focused on amplifying Asana’s brand and product vision, driving enterprise credibility and illustrating the value we deliver for global customers across media audiences.
Our ideal candidate is a hands-on, communications pro with a passion for crafting compelling product narratives, developing close relationships with key industry influencers and working across teams to drive results. We’re looking for a critical thinker with strong writing and communication skills, deep B2B/SaaS product knowledge and a passion for mission-driven organizations and the future of work.
This role will join Asana’s growing marketing team focused on driving growth and building a brand that customers love. We focus not only on acquiring users, but also on creating content and campaigns that nurture existing teams and drive them to upgrade. Our team is growing rapidly, and includes team members focused on corporate and product marketing, content creation, partnerships, ads, and lifecycle marketing.
What You’ll Achieve
- Help to drive the execution of our external communications strategy in partnership with internal stakeholders including product, product marketing and leadership teams.
- Work closely with internal product and product marketing teams and external PR agency partners to craft and execute our communications strategy focusing on top-tier media covering collaboration, work management and adjacent coverage areas including PPM, low code/no code and AI/ML.
- Grow and diversify our thought-leadership around topics of productivity, collaboration, future of work and product innovation.
- Work closely with our analyst relations team to tell a connected narrative highlighting Asana’s industry-leading product vision across key influencer audiences.
- Partner cross functionally on external events and partner marketing opportunities to amplify Asana’s pioneering approach to product innovation.
- 8+ years of experience in communications either in-house, agency or a combination of both.
- You have deep media relationships, strong writing skills, a finger on the pulse of B2B/SaaS trends, and the passion to pursue opportunities that are high-impact.
- Understand industry issues relating to products, product categories, technologies, primary and competition and general issues facing the industry.
- You’re a self-starter who loves working across every different team in the company.
- You value and champion inclusivity.
- Work experience in B2B or enterprise software required.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.