Technical Support Operations ManagerSan Francisco
The Enterprise Technology team (ET) at Asana helps to build a scalable foundation of technology, data, and processes that turn our go-to-market strategy into results. To do this, we partner across the company to drive transformations that result in growing our business, organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Within ET, the Technical Operations team has the mission to make life easier for our stakeholders through Quality Assurance Testing, Systems Support Operations, and Vendor Management. To complement our high-performing team, we are looking for a Technical Support Operations Manager with deep experience in strategically managing and evolving MSP relationships, and implementing their enterprise-wide vision for growing the relationship with our vendor partners. At the same time, this role will be responsible for continuing to develop our world-class internal systems support team, running the day-to-day business of the team, and responding to the needs of our stakeholders.
In this role, we are looking for a leader who is a highly motivated, passionate, and relationship-oriented individual with strong business acumen, systems support and technology experience. In addition to possessing excellent strategy, business partnering and collaboration skills, you will take the initiative to identify areas of improvement, and work cross-functionally to understand the systems/tooling support needs of the wider ET team and our stakeholders. You will also proactively consult where needed to help realize Enterprise Technology’s business strategy.
What You’ll Achieve
- Work closely with our strategic technology partner (MSP vendor) and other key vendors, overseeing all production systems support operations and development work performed by the partners
- Work with the Head of Technology Operations and ET leadership to ensure systems support operations and development goals are met and continuously accelerate
- Facilitate, manage and improve the incident management/sustaining work intake process for Enterprise Technology
- Have responsibility for overall stakeholder satisfaction related to system functionality and performance against SLAs
- Ensure all key performance indicators for systems support and development operations are being met and provide dashboards to the Head of Technology Operations
- Lead Incident, Problem, Root-Cause Analysis, Change and Configuration management, and communicate with stakeholders in a timely and concise manner
- Interface with other teams (Revenue Ops, Marketing Ops, Finance, etc), to understand the organization and its goals, and ensure a coordinated strategy to meet support and development operations goals and objectives
- Support the development and documentation of internal processes as they pertain to support and development operations to facilitate knowledge sharing
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems or Computer Science, or equivalent work experience, MBA preferred
- 6+ years of work experience in managing and operating a global support organization
- 4+ years of management-level experience
- Experience in information technology, SaaS business models
- Ability to show examples of operational excellence in leveraging systems such as Salesforce.com, Marketo, NetSuite, Zuora, Looker, Tableau, Zendesk, Iterable, Snowflake, and Snaplogic
- Experience in working with and managing MSPs as strategic technology partners (onshore and offshore) on operational projects
- Experience with ITIL process and methodologies
- Experience delivering high-quality projects focused on internal systems and business processes
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language
- Clear communication skills; ability to adjust based on audience
- Adaptable self-starter skilled at creating structure in fast-paced, ambiguous environments
- Ability to serve as a liaison between business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions that fulfill both strategic and operational needs
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.