Technical Program Manager - ITSan Francisco
Asana is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Technical Program Manager to help grow our IT TPM organization. As a TPM within IT you will have the opportunity to shape and influence the department’s strategy and technical direction alongside our IT Engineering Teams. You will foster collaboration within IT and across the lines of business at Asana, focusing on programs that improve team productivity and support scale. You will plan and execute on projects and processes which deliver secure and scalable enterprise technology solutions for our internal users. This role is based in San Francisco.
Leveraging strong planning, communication, and collaboration skills you will help to drive large cross-functional initiatives. The successful candidate will be someone with a diverse IT background and practical hands-on experience with IT programs and projects.
You are someone who asks questions, is confident in not knowing everything, and would rather collaborate with others than go it alone. You are crisp and detail oriented, but able to work outside of the boundaries when necessary. Particularly interested in candidates familiar with business processes, infrastructure builds, requirements analysis, software development, help desk and operational support. On top of your proven history of success, you are curious, have a passion for technology and, like us, you value hard work and fun in equal measure.
What you’ll achieve
- Lead the delivery of key strategic cross-functional projects from concept through completion
- Manage and continually improve projects, programs and processes supporting Asana’s IT organization
- Own regular program communications, unblock teams and build partnerships with internal IT teams, Finance, Security, Workplace, PeopleOps, Legal, and other business partners
- Support IT’s role in new office/expansion and enterprise technology projects
- Partner with IT Support and Engineering teams in driving new IT initiatives, taking full end-to-end ownership of project management
- Identify, manage, and mitigate dependencies and risks, ensuring alignment across key stakeholders to deliver successful outcomes
- Promote project management best practices and create repeatable project management processes that will help scale our business
- Drive the adoption of policies, practices, and procedures through influence and tactful education
- Bring a holistic perspective of the IT ecosystem to design and planning decisions
- 5+ years of program management and experience working in IT organizations
- Knowledgeable in Program and Project Management techniques, with a proven history of executing with a wide range of cross-functional business stakeholders (Security, Legal, Workplace, Finance, PeopleOps)
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver complex projects iteratively with multiple dependencies and constraints, in a highly dynamic and agile environment
- You have a keen appreciation for the role IT holds in achieving Asana’s mission
- Proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of extreme ambiguity, with only high level direction
- A strategic thinker with a strong customer first viewpoint and a drive to create an excellent end user experience
- Able to manage multiple assignments concurrently with different stakeholders and timelines
- You enjoy distilling complex issues into actionable plans and are comfortable forging a path through new territory
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, and problem solving skills
- ITIL and infrastructure projects a plus
- PMP or ITIL certification a plus
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.