Japan HR LeadTokyo
At Asana, we build collaboration software to help every team in the world to be more effective and work effortlessly to do great things together. We believe in “Fast Growth, Mindful Business” and invest in our culture because we believe it drives our business success—which is growing at unprecedented rates.
We’re looking for an experienced, strategic people partner (Human Resources Business Partner) to partner with our Tokyo teams. This role will deliver strategic partnership with Tokyo Leadership in order to create and execute on people strategies that accelerate business objectives and enable us to scale for hyper growth.
What you’ll achieve:
- Work with the Tokyo Leadership team as the first on the ground people person to proactively identify organizational and people operational needs, evaluate options, develop and drive needed change initiatives to support the broader talent strategy.
- Collaborate with in region leadership on all things people - employee onboarding, change management, performance management (e.g probation process), people operations and employee engagement.
- Coach and advise the front line managers in Japan to support them in their personal growth and professional success.
- Support and coach all employees across Tokyo on their people queries e.g career growth, policies, enablement, ops queries etc.
- Working closely with the International People Partner Leader and the other people partners globally that are dedicated to the business team, providing support to the group’s managers and employees worldwide.
- Collaborate with other parts of the People Operations team to lead the execution of people programs across Tokyo including onboarding, learning and development training, feedback cycles and engagement surveys.
- 6+ years of progressive People Operations (Human Resources) experience of which 3+ years of People Partnership (Human Resources) experience.
- Previous experience partnering with the Japanese region with particular focus on employee and labour relations desirable.
- Fluent in Japanese and English.
- Experience working with global teams is a plus.
- Experience with organizational design and effectiveness, change management, performance management, leadership coaching, learning and development programs, total rewards and compliance.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Data-driven, decision maker & pragmatic problem solver who can find root causes of issues and gain leadership support to address them.
- Proven ability to manage priorities among multiple stakeholders and multitask or re-prioritize as needed in a high-velocity environment.
- Collaborate effectively across a broad set of stakeholders.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.