User Operations SpecialistChicago
We're looking for an empathetic and creative problem solver to join our User Operations team in Chicago. You will become a product expert in Asana and a savant of productivity. You’ll help customers with questions, feature requests, and bug reports. You'll educate them about best practices and help them navigate our API and integrations. Armed with this experience, you’ll be a liaison between the product team and our customers.
You have a unique opportunity to join a world-class support team as we grow our footprint and scale globally. Based in our Chicago office, you will work closely with our teams in San Francisco, Sydney, Dublin, and Tokyo. Asana enables teams to move work forward and User Operations (UO) is dedicated to quickening that pace. We’re here to maximize clarity in our customers' work and to help them get the most out of Asana. Our customers have a strong voice in prioritizing our product development, and we encourage that dialogue through our support channels.
What you'll achieve
- Become a product expert in Asana
- Help customers with questions, feature requests, bug reports, and educate them about the best practices for using Asana with a team
- You’ll bring a critical eye to each support interaction, always looking for efficiency and customer experience improvements to help us improve our operations as the business continues to grow
- Technical and pragmatic focus on customer support
- Help User Operations increase efficiency by analyzing key metrics, assessing tooling needs, and implementing solutions using tools, integrations, and APIs
- Be a liaison between the product team and our customers
- Ability to work weekends as part of a temporary rotation
- Natural troubleshooting skills and strong technical aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Genuine passion for making customers feel happy and understood
- Tenacious work ethic and relentless attention to detail
- Deep sense of empathy for technology users
- Customer support/service experience
- Proficiency with APIs, Terminal/iTerm, Github, Zuora, or Zendesk
- Proficiency with Asana a plus
- Experience in technical support
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.