Intern: Software Engineering - Summer 2022Reykjavik
We’re looking for students aspiring to be efficient, productive, and impactful software developers to join our Summer Engineering Internship Program in our Reykjavik, Iceland office. Jumpstart your career in a supportive environment that enables you to take on challenging work that directly impacts the business.
Our 12-16 week program is designed to expose you to all parts of software development in a growing tech company, from the user research to beta testing new features, and prepare you for a full time engineering career. Our 1:1 mentorship philosophy paired with our small team structure ensures you are being taught the best engineering practices and foundational principles that will help grow your career and allow you to excel quickly and have endless opportunities for impact!
As a member of our Engineering Program, you’ll join one of our many functional engineering teams as an individual contributor to develop new and well written code, participate in and contribute to stand ups, collaborate with team members on program and day to day work, provide project status updates, and increase efficiency amongst your team. Whether it’s working on one of our product teams and architecting product tours with React, building out our foundational systems with our infrastructure teams, or redesigning our mobile apps with our mobile team, you will become an integral part of our growing organization.
Interested in learning more about our Internship Experience and gaining access to Interview Workshops-Join our "Deep Dive into our Internships" Event taking place on June 24th! You can RSVP can learn more here!
Learn more about our Engineering team:
- The Asana Engineering Guide to Intern Mentorship
- What our 2020 Interns Built!
- How we build Inclusivity in the Workplace
What you'll achieve
- Learn what it’s like to work as a full time software developer in a fast growing tech company.
- Make real impact by contributing to a variety of projects, like building new features, testing infrastructure, implementing subtle interaction behaviors, or designing data models and seeing that impact in front of you.
- Experience growth and development by being paired with a mentor who will support and guide you through opportunities to stretch and learn.
- Help us maintain a codebase and an award-winning culture, contributing to everything from the broadest strategic discussions to the specifics of updating a small app feature.
- Develop clean, beautiful code and leave it better than you found it.
- Feel supported by a growth oriented team cheering you on as you take on new challenges
- Participate in Asana’s culture of transparency and distributed responsibility by providing peer feedback to members of your team.
- Your anticipated graduation date is between December 2022 and July 2023
- A constant desire to learn and improve
- A foundational understanding of software development or computer science skills - we want to teach you more!
- Passion for creating a user friendly experience, down to those little details that matter
- Appreciate productivity and care deeply about helping teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently, including your own
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where we encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.