Data ScientistVancouver, BC
Data Scientist (YVR)
We are looking for a collaborative teammate to join our team, working with both Vancouver Product teams and the rest of the Data team, located in San Francisco and New York. The Data team works closely with our product, customer success, and/or sales teams; we help ask questions the right way, and then find those answers.
We’re hiring data scientists to join our Revenue and Land teams. You will contribute to our understanding with strategic analysis, support product execution by running and analyzing experiments, and build productionized models that help us make better decisions.
What you’ll achieve
- Designing and analyzing experiments to measure the impact of new product features, and inform our product roadmap
- Investigating high-level questions like “What are the collaborative patterns of the most successful teams using Asana?”
- Adding new metrics and aggregations to our data warehouse to make new classes of questions answerable
- Building models to predict the growth trajectory of different customer segments
- Bachelor Degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering a related quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in applying data science techniques to drive technical product development and decision-making
- Strong technical background in statistics, math, computer science, information science, or another quantitative field
- Fluency in at least one data processing and programming language (e.g. Python, Scala)
- Proficiency with relational data modeling and SQL
- Expertise in statistical methods and experimental design and analysis
- Familiarity with distributed data processing systems (e.g. Spark, Redshift)
- Background in advanced statistical modeling (e.g. GLM, mixed effects) and/or machine learning
- Experience collaborating with teammates in other locations
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.