Data ScientistVancouver, BC
Data Scientist (YVR)
We are looking for a collaborative teammate to join our team, working with both Vancouver Product teams and the rest of the Data team, located in San Francisco and New York. The Data team works closely with our product, customer success, and/or sales teams; we help ask questions the right way, and then find those answers.
We’re hiring data scientists to join our Revenue and Land teams. You will contribute to our understanding with strategic analysis, support product execution by running and analyzing experiments, and build productionized models that help us make better decisions.
What you’ll achieve
- Designing and analyzing experiments to measure the impact of new product features, and inform our product roadmap
- Investigating high-level questions like “What are the collaborative patterns of the most successful teams using Asana?”
- Adding new metrics and aggregations to our data warehouse to make new classes of questions answerable
- Building models to predict the growth trajectory of different customer segments
- Bachelor Degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering a related quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in applying data science techniques to drive technical product development and decision-making
- Strong technical background in statistics, math, computer science, information science, or another quantitative field
- Fluency in at least one data processing and programming language (e.g. Python, Scala)
- Proficiency with relational data modeling and SQL
- Expertise in statistical methods and experimental design and analysis
- Familiarity with distributed data processing systems (e.g. Spark, Redshift)
- Background in advanced statistical modeling (e.g. GLM, mixed effects) and/or machine learning
- Experience collaborating with teammates in other locations
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.