Staff Software Engineer (Tech Lead), NotificationsSan Francisco
At Asana, Technical Leads (TLs) are responsible for the delivery and technical quality of our teams. They take on complex projects, lead the work of several engineers, partner with cross-functional and cross-organizational stakeholders, mentor team members in technical design and project leadership, and are also responsible for defining the team technical strategy.
We're looking for an experienced technical leader to join as a technical lead on the Notifications team. The Notifications team focuses on helping people stay on top of updates to their work—through the notifications ecosystem which includes multiple channels: Inbox (in-app), emails, browser & mobile push, third-party integrations. The vision is to make communication about work feel effortless, where users can leverage Asana's work graph to quickly get on the same page and drive work forward. The goal is to connect communication and work, make core loops more efficient, reduce notifications noise, and surface the unknown to make whole orgs operate with clarity.
What you will work on and learn
- Notifications are one of the largest datasets we have in the data model, so all notification features we build need to be designed to scale from the very beginning. This means learning how to build features at scale that work to enable near-instant collaboration using Asana's fully reactive application stack.
- Reducing the noise and increasing the actionability of notifications, to bring users to a place where they can work more efficiently with fewer distractions and more clarity.
- Assisting other Asana product teams in bringing the communications aspects of their feature to life. Understanding how Asana fits into our users' work landscape, and how other integrations and tools might fit into the Asana notifications ecosystem.
What you’ll achieve
- Own technical design and project execution for the team. Collaborate and work with team members on writing technical designs for some team initiatives when appropriate.
- Mentor engineers on the team through activities like pairing and code reviews to promote a culture of technical excellence.
- Make hands-on engineering contributions to Asana’s core product with a focus on overcoming tricky technical challenges and modeling practices that improve quality and velocity.
- Partner with Product Management, Design, Data Science, and Engineering Management to define the team’s upcoming projects and long-term strategy.
- As technical leader, you'll participate and voice opinions about our longer-term roadmap for the team representing the technical challenges and investments the team needs to support the vision and roadmap ahead. As well as to collaborate with other leads across Asana to steward a coordinated technical strategy for the team and engineering organization.
- You are a hands-on tech lead, capable of leading multiple project work-streams in parallel:
- You have 5+ years of experience working in large codebases.
- You have 1+ years of experience leading a complex/medium-large project end-to-end, or in a tech lead or team lead role.
- You’re comfortable breaking down and sequencing work for a small team and are skilled at de-risking launches and helping them go smoothly.
- You have practiced at owning and delegating technical design decisions.
- You practice a strong collaborative approach:
- You have experience planning projects and managing team-wide efforts to completion.
- You have experience working cross-functionally with stakeholders and PM/Design/Data Science partners to define requirements, make tradeoffs, and align on long-term plans.
- You foster and practice collaboration and psychological safety among team members.
- You appreciate productivity and care deeply about helping teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently, including your own.
- You have a passion and experience for mentoring other engineers. You like explaining concepts and mentoring/coaching other engineers in the team.
- You are comfortable helping the team build cohesion and team camaraderie where everyone is included. You help the team work effectively together at the same time you foster team collaboration. You work with your manager to improve team practices that benefit the team operations.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.