Content Writer, SEONew York City
Asana is on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. We serve millions of organizations in 190 countries—and we’re just getting started.
The Content team at Asana fuels global marketing programs, campaigns, and launches by creating content that educates, informs, and delights audiences. We partner with teams across Marketing like product marketing, demand generation, lifecycle marketing, and creative to drive growth and build a brand that customers love.
We’re looking for a Content Writer to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll contribute to our organic growth efforts by developing compelling and search-friendly content that attracts prospective customers to asana.com. You’ll plan, write, and edit various types of marketing content—from long-form articles and guides to snappy blogs and social posts—that effectively tell the Asana story, educate readers about work management, and drive web traffic. The ideal candidate is someone who loves working with words as much as they enjoy creating content that performs.
What you’ll achieve
- Write, edit, and publish search-optimized content for Asana.com and other web properties
- Partner with SEO, web, product marketing, and design teams to plan and prioritize content ideas—and bring them to life
- Interview subject matter experts and conduct research to develop relevant and useful content
- Become familiar with the Asana story, voice, and tone to create content that is on brand and on message
- Improve and optimize existing content based on search performance metrics
- 3-5 years of experience in a writing, content marketing, or marketing communications role
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with demonstrated success creating compelling content that is tailored to goals and audience
- Familiar with SEO best practices and how to implement them with attention to balancing brand and messaging priorities
- Ability to write content that reflects established voice and tone guidelines
- Strong collaborator who thrives in fast-paced environments
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to drive content projects from start to finish
- Familiarity working in a CMS and/or publishing content to the web
Does the above sound like it might be you? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Our goal is to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people know they are equally respected and valued. So whatever it is that makes you unique—your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, educational background, socioeconomic status—we value it, and we’d love to see what you might add to our team.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.