Engineering Manager, Framework EngineeringSan Francisco
The Framework Engineering team builds the building blocks, internal platform, abstractions and APIs that power all parts of the Asana application. From core UI components, client performance libraries to data loading APIs, these frameworks empower product engineers and designers to easily build highly-reactive and fast product features at scale.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to help make the Asana product teams move even faster in building a best-in-class product. You’ll coach, develop and support our amazing team of engineers to influence the direction and quality of software development patterns across the organization. You’ll partner cross-team, and in many cases cross-functionally, to define the direction of Asana frameworks’ roadmap and coordinate cross-team efforts to get there. You appreciate both product quality and development velocity, and how they both contribute to Asana’s success.
What you'll do
- Manage a team of 5 - 8 engineers working on frameworks that affect every aspect of the Asana product.
- Support and coach engineers in their technical and professional development.
- Partner with the Asana product teams to identify, define, and execute on technical or organizational opportunities to enable teams to develop faster at Asana, and help the company achieve our goals faster.
- Recruit for and grow the Frameworks engineering team.
- Contribute to organizational health initiatives outside of your team, either on engineering team level, or Asana-wide.
- 2+ years of engineering management experience, ideally with experience managing technical initiatives aimed towards developer productivity.
- Enthusiasm partnering with stakeholders across the engineering organization to drive solutions.
- Focus on maximizing impact, for yourself and your team.
- Ability to help evaluate and frame complex technical decisions that have cross-cutting impact.
- Oriented around the multi-year consequences of your decisions.
- Kind and intellectually mature.
Does the above sound like it might be you? Then we’d love to hear from you. Our goal is to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people know they are equally respected and valued. So whatever it is that makes you unique—your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, educational background, socioeconomic status—we value it, and we’d love to see what you might add to our team.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.