Engineering Manager, Content ExperienceSan Francisco
At Asana, we’re building collaboration and communication software to help every team in the world work together effortlessly. The Content Experience team is on a mission to make Asana the first place for your best ideas, where teams create, consume and share the rich content they need to support their work. The problem space for this team is centered around authoring rich content easily across all of Asana, allowing seamless capture of unstructured thoughts and their easy conversion to structured execution tracking. This team is also focused on reducing the time individuals spend switching between tools by enabling richer connections to content in other apps.
The team's product engineering work pulls from excellent technical fundamentals, as well as a close partnership with team members working in User Research, Data Science, Product management, and Design. As a manager, you’ll focus on developing the excellent engineering team around you by helping others contribute more and develop your direct reports as software engineers as well as human beings. You'll solve challenging problems by balancing speed of execution with quality while building a product that users love. You are enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about the challenging technical problems that you and your team will solve.
What You'll Achieve
- Manage a team of 5-8 full-stack engineers
- Partner with the team's product managers, designers, and other engineers to choose an impactful and achievable roadmap
- Work with our data scientists and user researchers to develop a deep understanding of our customers and their challenges
- Coach and mentor the team's engineers for individual impact, balance, growth, and leadership
- Thoughtfully craft the team's responsibilities, goals, and processes to achieve clarity and sustainable delivery across all functions
- Collaborate with engineering leaders across the organization to help make Asana's workplace more balanced, performant, inclusive, and in-line with our values.
- Work closely with recruiting and other engineering managers to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences and events, and onboarding new employees
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience, with 2+ years of experience managing a technical team
- You have experience working cross-functionally with product management, design, and infrastructure teams
- You are kind and intellectually mature
- You are willing and able to dive into code yourself
- You are focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and your organization as a whole
- You are equipped with the engineering skills, empathy, and integrity needed to evaluate and guide the career paths of technically-astute engineers
- You are comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.