Staff Engineer, Feature Scaling LeadVancouver, BC
Staff Engineer, Feature Scaling Lead
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to lead our Feature Scaling team. Feature Scaling is responsible for working across Asana’s codebase to ensure that our product code scales to support our largest customers. The team has put extensive work into detecting and fixing a wide variety of scalability issues, and helps to establish company-wide best practices for writing code that can handle the ever-increasing demands of our customers. As the Feature Scaling Lead, you’ll empower other Asana engineers to fulfill our common mission of ensuring a stable and performant experience for some of the world’s largest companies.
Asana has made the ambitious decision to represent the full interconnected complexity of real work in our "Work Graph" data model. Our customers can collaborate across teams effortlessly because of features like Task multihoming and cross-project reporting. But operating without silos comes with challenges for scalability, because it's so easy for customers to work with so much data at once. As Feature Scaling Lead, you’ll work to solve the problems that arise from this unique data architecture.
The team has an engineering driven roadmap, and as team lead, you’ll be responsible for identifying and prioritizing the highest-leverage scalability improvements and making sure we stay ahead of our customers’ growth. You’ll also need to leverage your technical mentorship skills & organizational acumen to enable other teams to write scalable features.
What you’ll achieve
- Investigate and resolve high-impact scalability issues within Asana’s product and frameworks
- Take ownership of and shape the vision for how we tackle scalability at Asana – you’ll work closely with our Infrastructure teams to ensure we scale well into the future.
- Coach other engineers across the company on how to identify the root causes of issues and bring them to resolution.
- Work with and learn from other experienced engineers while collaborating on particularly difficult technical challenges.
- You’ve independently and effectively led projects that were technically complex and cross-team
- You inspire technical rigor and best practices across multiple teams
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with other teams and translating the value of technical investments to business impact
- You play a significant role in the development of others, mentoring individuals on advanced technical issues
- Sound judgment when balancing moving quickly with producing quality code and long-term code maintainability
- [Nice to have] You have previous experience solving scalability and performance challenges in a large codebase
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.