Product Marketing Manager, Trust & SecuritySan Francisco
Asana is on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. Today we serve more than 100,000 businesses globally on our paid products in addition to the millions of organizations that use our free products – and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for a product marketing manager to help shape and drive our product and go-to-market strategies. As the Product Marketing Manager, Trust & Security, you will define Asana’s product marketing vision and strategy for security, infrastructure, and compliance, working across product, sales, and marketing to implement it.
You will be responsible for identifying and sizing target markets, developing clear positioning and messaging, launching new products and solutions, enabling sales, and executing programs to drive pipeline and revenue.
Sound like you? We can’t wait to have you on board.
What you’ll achieve
- Establish programs to gather customer and market insights that drive our product strategy for security, infrastructure, and compliance
- Guide all product positioning and messaging for adoption and growth products
- Develop, lead, and support go-to-market strategies for major product launches
- Develop processes to understand customer use cases, package those insights, and promote them in a way that drives customer adoption
- Have 5-8 years of product marketing experience
- B2B software experience
- History of productive collaboration with product and sales
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills
- Proven ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams
- Experience marketing to IT and security leaders is a plus
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.