Staff Content DesignerNew York City
We’re looking for people who are driven by collaborative and creative environments to develop simple, innovative, and beautifully designed products that customers love to use.
In this role, you will play a key role in both high-level strategy and hands-on writing and editing for product. You will manage and help create content, continually improve that content, and evolve our product voice and content standards. You’ll collaborate with creative and technical teams to deliver clear, empathetic, engaging content experiences that are customer-focused and align to strategic business objectives.
Asana is helping teams in 190 countries become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform. You will shape the content of experiences that make it as simple as possible for millions of users to adopt, use, and benefit from our product, helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly.
What you’ll achieve
- Own the end-to-end experience of content in an award-winning product (read stories on the Asana Design blog)
- Plan, write, edit, and improve content in Asana
- Partner closely with Designers, Product Managers, User Researchers, product marketers, and engineers as they build and ship solutions
- Offer a content design perspective throughout the product development process, influencing strategic decisions across product to improve the overall experience and ensure consistency
- Work across teams to drive consensus and advocate for solutions that balance the needs of our users with our business goals
- Contribute to voice and tone guidelines and help evangelize our practice across the company
- Deliver high-quality, polished, delightful, and easy to understand content solutions
- Generate multiple ideas quickly, and connect regularly with customers to validate directions
- Participate in peer critique and present work in product leadership feedback meetings
- Experience career growth and personal development with world-class mentorship and development programs
- 6+ years of editorial and/or UX writing experience at a high tech, product-driven company with a global user base
- Experience with SaaS products
- Partners closely with UXR to conduct quantitative experiments and qualitative user studies to create the most effective content for our users
- Promotes content design in the broader community of design and content professionals
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation writing, and delivery skills
- Driven self-starter with excellent organizational skills who can drive content projects from start to finish
- Ability to achieve consistency by following, maintaining, and evolving content standards
- Solid understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns
- Expertise in UX writing for digital products: microcopy, user education, new features, and product launch content
- Experience evolving Voice and Tone guidelines for web and mobile applications
- Ability to present and sell your ideas, create coalition, and build support
- Creative problem-solver who can lead large content efforts coupled with the capability to juggle and prioritize many projects simultaneously
- Enjoy mentoring team members, and leading by example to help others adopt best practices
- Approach problems with curiosity, and excitement to learn and grow your skills
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.