Mobile Experience Researcher, ClaritySan Francisco
The Experience Research team at Asana is focused on understanding the dynamics of modern work, the role technology plays, and how Asana can empower teams to thrive in a collaborative environment. Our work informs teams at every level of the company and drives key roadmap decisions.
We’re looking for a creative, curious, collaborative human who is excited to help us in our mission to improve the world of work. Our ideal candidate has experience crafting and delivering a wide range of research and can balance rigor with experimentation.
You’ll be joining the Clarity Pillar, empowering our customers to use insights about their work to make better decisions: enabling reflection on how well their teams are doing, finding opportunities to collaborate more effectively and planning for the future. Your research will also enable customers, whether a junior new hire or a senior executive, to connect their work to their company’s goals and mission.
What you’ll achieve
- Build a well-rounded understanding of our customers and communicate that empathy throughout the company. You’ll own the evolving story of Asana’s mobile users
- Identify and prioritize the right open questions and proactively plan your research roadmap in partnership with product teams
- Through your research and leadership skills, ensure that we ship meaningful customer experiences that achieve business goals
- Identify research needs in partnership with product teams then design, plan, and execute on the highest leveraged work
- Balance strategic and tactical research to deliver high-impact results; coach & empower teams to conduct focused product research
- Provide guidance to teams outside of project work to help them make sound, customer-backed decisions
- Recommend and enact improvements to the team’s process, tools and communications
- Partner with Research Ops to help scale our work, supporting our ambition to have best in class research and insights for our product teams
- 4+ years of experience practicing UX Research for digital products, including 2+ years focused on mobile experiences
- Experience with a wide variety of research methods applied across the product development cycle
- Able to develop and apply frameworks and model-thinking
- Able to distill research findings into clear, actionable insights
- Quickly build trust and rapport with stakeholders at every level
- Foundational knowledge of best practices, design principles and content strategy for both mobile and web.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at various stages in the research cycle
- Skilled presenter and persuasive communicator
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.